Just cleaned my credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Went online on Friday and clicked PAY NOW on the remaining and only balances on two of my credit cards.

Woo yay

I wonder how much longer I can stay this way...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Feels great, doesn't it? I should know, I do it at least twice a year, always thinking that time would be the last....

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Yes, it does.

I always have something on the card, like the monthly gym membership fee, etc etc. But charges for things that I didn't plan to spend on; like a $1300 repair bill for my truck back in February; is what irks me to no end.

Now that those unexpected charges are behind me, I look forward to putting that extra money away.

I don't see how people don't consider putting away $500 per month in savings the normal thing to do.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good for you. It takes discipline to keep it that way. And common sense. That money is very expensive money.

Never having "unclean" credit cards, I can only guess what it is like to get out from under the ridiculous charges applied by credit card companies. There was only one time in my life that my monthly balance was not completely paid off by the correct time, and I make sure it does not happen again.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Considering that right now the lowest APR I'm being offered is 14.9%, it is indeed expensive money.

Back in the hey day of cheap money, my cheapest line of credit used to cost 2.99% per billing cycle for up to $25,000, but this was only for balance transfers and it would last twelve months at a time. That was fun though. :D

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't even know what is the APR here in DR. But I guess it must be close to 50%. Talk about expensive money.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
One of the few things that struck me as extremely odd is the going mortgage rate in DR. I forget where I saw it, but it's a whopping 16%.

And knowing this, I also saw some brand new condos being built in Piantini. Starting at $115,000.

First thought that came to mind; who the hell would want to finance a condo here at 16%?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
First thought that came to mind; who the hell would want to finance a condo here at 16%?

It's not a matter of want, it's a matter of need...
$115,000 in Piantini is probably a one-room apartment. a 2-3 bedroom apt should cost more like $150-170K. Take someone with a "good" salary here, say $3,000/mo and there you have the need for financing at any cost available.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Does DR do the silly monthly maintenance fee(s) that they charge in New York for supposedly "costs of taking care of the building"? The maintenance fee alone can almost cost another mortgage note.

Status
Not open for further replies.