Where can I find ceramic/porcelain floor tiles?

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
I've been looking for floor tiles and am not having much success with finding a good variety to choose from. Ochoa has lots of displays, but very limited stock... ditto for Merkaven. Menicucci has the most selection but also doesn't have the stock of many of the displayed tiles either. Any other suggestions?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you pretty much exhausted your choices. try negotiating. maybe they will agree to bring something special for you with down payment of some sort?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Hache" hardware store, at least in SD, on Kennedy,has pallets of ceramic tiles.
Often, they have great sales on same.
I have bought lots of them.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
"Hache" hardware store, at least in SD, on Kennedy,has pallets of ceramic tiles.
Often, they have great sales on same.
I have bought lots of them.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thanks for the reminder... for some reason I haven't been into Hache for years and forgot they had tiles...must be the age!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
There also is a spot i just bought, forget the name, its on the south side of 27 de Feb near Caonabo. They have an outside yard with some stock, otherwise they have another storage yard like most on the Duarte outside the city

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Chances are you'll likely end up with the same problem. Trying to find tile in the DR that you like in the quantity that you need is very problematic,.
I suggest looking at your choices of Coralina which is a native stone from the DR. They have different colors, it's very durable and stunning. We are so happy that we never got ceramic tile. (we had the same problem as you)
Best thing? The supplier will never run out since the DR has so much of it. And, since it's not imported, you'll really be helping the Dominicans.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very true about the limited selection of floor tiles. Very hard to get anything in the quantity you need, let alone getting some extra in case of breakage.

I have no idea what Coralina is unless it is the material some people use for pool decks. If that is it I would not want to us it inside the house because it has many holes that would trap dirt and dust. Is that the type of stone tile you meant?

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
I've been looking for floor tiles and am not having much success with finding a good variety to choose from. Ochoa has lots of displays, but very limited stock... ditto for Merkaven. Menicucci has the most selection but also doesn't have the stock of many of the displayed tiles either. Any other suggestions?

I have had the best luck with La Iberica which carries some very nice tiles from Spain (hence the name, I suppose). If you are looking for a large amounts, let the sales girls know beforehand and they can steer you toward the tiles that they know is available in stock for your needs. Remember to ask for the same firing/dye lots as well to avoid color variations in the manufacturing.

They have a big store in the Capital, and a surcursal in Santiago in the Plaza Texas (on Av Texas). Their telephone number in Santiago is 809- 580-1323.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
I have had the best luck with La Iberica which carries some very nice tiles from Spain (hence the name, I suppose). If you are looking for a large amounts, let the sales girls know beforehand and they can steer you toward the tiles that they know is available in stock for your needs. Remember to ask for the same firing/dye lots as well to avoid color variations in the manufacturing.

They have a big store in the Capital, and a surcursal in Santiago in the Plaza Texas (on Av Texas). Their telephone number in Santiago is 809- 580-1323.

And to add, if you do choose to buy from Ochoa and you need a substantial quantity, it is best just to go directly to their warehouse in Las Charcas so you can verify quantities and dye lots of available tiles in person. Their in-store inventory system has never been even close to accurate for tile in my experience.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
There also is a spot i just bought, forget the name, its on the south side of 27 de Feb near Caonabo. They have an outside yard with some stock, otherwise they have another storage yard like most on the Duarte outside the city

I just wanted to officially not recommend this place I suggested before. Bad experiences of ordering tiles, paying up front with a promise of next day, two day max for delivery. All lies on day 4 they still cannot even answer if its here, Santiago, in a truck or up their @#$. Typical you already paid so no reason for them to complete their end of the transaction-just no mi culpa we are Dominican

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I forget the name of the place but as you are driving from POP o the main highway, towards Banco Central in Santiago, there is a very nice tile place on your left, just before the Bank.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
There is a place in Rafael Vidal, across street from Panaderia Lumijol.
They have the show room there and the store is in La Vega, you need to wait one or two days for delivery.
My good experience with ceramic/porcelain tiles were:
With Merkaven and the above place.
Terrible experience:
Terdip (piedras naturales) located in Plaza Hache.
Lucille

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
In Santiago there is a good tile store on La 27 called "Tiles Import and Export" right past the intersection with La Bartolome Colon on the left side. We are getting good Brazialian tile at RD295 a sm.

Also, "Concepto" has a decent collection and very good quality on La Rafael Vidal. They are a supplier to many ferreterias.

Bellon has more tile than Ochoa and has a good sale going on. In fact most of the places I went to recently had specials running RD320 and below.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Thanks Chip;" Concepto " is the name of the store on Rafael Vidal, across street from Lumijol.
I was pleased with their service, quality and price.