Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Looks pretty bad

[video=youtube_share;9YTAwOFwHZk]http://youtu.be/9YTAwOFwHZk[/video]

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The evil drugs, ruin everything.
I hate the drug dealers, they should all be executed- it is the only way to remove this dangerous tumor.

Not true. If you execute today's drug dealers, all you do is leave job vacancies for tomorrow's drug dealers. The proof of that is in their own killings of each other. More just step in to take their place when one is killed. It is about the money to be made. Prohibition does not work.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Drugs here are minor compared to my home town in Canada, so it doesn't faze me. I don't see many people wacked out on crack or heroin on Pedro Clisante I know many people who smoke pot, but what is the harm in that. Keep your nose clean and keep to your business.

As far as Encuentro...it's one of my favourite spots around here, never had a problem. I know there are issues but again it's not directed to the general public. Things just seem much quieter than it was 2 years ago.

In general, maybe the drugs are getting worse, but it's not in my face like back home.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
I'm from Canada also and 90 percent of street prostitutes in my city are on crack. I'm aware crack
is available here but not as prevalent.

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
Prohibition does not work. = You would think so what with spending 250 billion to stop the trade.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Prohibition does not work. = You would think so what with spending 250 billion to stop the trade.

Prohibition works for the dealers and for the criminal justice system. Profits for drug dealers go up while lawyers and jail builders rake in the cash incarcerating people instead of treating them for addiction. A fools game.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Sosua draws problems like flies on __it. Out of control Prostitution, drugs, & alcohol will fan the fire for violent behavior. Unfortunately not just Sosua but many places in the DR have gotten a lot more dangerous in the last few years. I think if you are considering buying property in the DR you may want to think long and hard about how you will protect your investment and if you can adjust to this higher level of violence brought on by the business of illegal drugs. The DR is slowly becoming another Mexico. It is sad to see.

LTSTeve

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I saw it ...........

I was in my condo (on the balcony) that afternoon and a friend pointed out a boat infront of the pool (club nautico 2) with two police, guns drawn. In a few moments their was a "pop" "pop" "pop" and I realized they were firing their guns into the water. I have never seen this before (guns firing) and went inside and closed the windows. I wasn't scared, but out of experience they might celebrate ( at that moment I didn't know what they were shooting at) and shoot their guns in the air and I could be in the wrong place and the wrong time -- this is the DR!

btw, this was NOT Sosua or Pueto Plata (why can't they ever get the names right) but the west/north end of Charmico which is know for drugs and a Dominican thing ....