hotels close to the US consulate?

buchua

Sep 29, 2010
Where are some close and cheap hotels around the Us consulate in santo domingo?

I heard the marriott courtyard is like up the street or something from it ( walking distance) but when i search for them on google maps its like a half hour away on foot.

And, i have a family friend that works at a marriott in the states. Can i use her discount here in DR?

Apr 13, 2011
The Courtyard Marriott is close to the Consulate. I do not remember the walking distance, but it did not seem that far away. When in doubt, a cab would be cheap because it is so close. That Courtyard is nice and comfortable - but would not consider it a "cheap" hotel since it is probably $100 USD or so per night. I am sure there are cheaper, but the accommodations will also be cheaper - and I am not sure if anything else is closer to the consulate, but others may know.
You can use your Marriott rewards/points at either of the Marriotts in Santo Domingo - but I do not know if you can use someone else's discount. If you are able to at other Marriott's then you should be able to at the ones in Santo Domingo.

buchua

Sep 29, 2010
one block North or south east or west? I'm trying to figure it out. @davidZ and yeah i think i am. I'm looking at the Embassy of the united states Dominican republic

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Marriot is one block south along Maximo Gomez Av.
Hotel Barcelo Lina is about 2 or 3 blocks north, but it's probably more expensive.

buchua

Sep 29, 2010
1z3cqja.png

Is this correct?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Both the embassy and consulate are scheduled to move to a different location later this year. So take that into account when planning your trip.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
And if somebody wants to make some serious money, build a small hotel with a snack bar, copy machines, and a photography studio close by, because there aren't any near there.

Oh, and a parking lot.........with a car wash..........................................and a bar.

I live very close to the construction site. I have nightmares thinking about how everything is going to change once that US complex opens. Guys holding your cellphone for you, the photographers, the pastel en hoja saleswoman. That is already a heavy traffic area as it is now. When all those informal business people arrive, it will be hell. And I really hope nobody feels like blowing up the damn place.