looking for a large female dog

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my in laws would like one or two large dogs. female only. up to 6 months old because they'd need to learn to live with other dogs and a cat.
rottweiler or german shepherd preferred but they will look at other breeds too. but no viralatas, sadly. there is a huge dog there already, with lots of enthusiasm and rough manners when it comes to playing. she needs a good match.

the doggie will live in a big house, with a huge garden, free to roam. there are other animals there. lotsa food, great vet care. good home.

please PM me if you know of an animal that fits the bill. free is best :) but they will pay if the price is good.

POP area but will travel as far as luperon or cabarete. maybe further.

thank you.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I may have a young Pit Bull female just a couple of door down that ......... needs a new home. No vet or papers. Sweet puppy that needs to...... go away since it is left alone all day/night long. I'LL pay to buy it and take it to your M-I-L's as a gift. (to me)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i just called my MIL and she says she is too scared of pit bulls... and they are cute dogs! :( :( :(
so we will have to say no... but thank you for looking.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
i just called my MIL and she says she is too scared of pit bulls... and they are cute dogs! :( :( :(
so we will have to say no... but thank you for looking.

OH... PLEASE... She is young and can be trained and learn to be a good dog with so many Friends. (her barking at night sets our dogs off and is driving me nuts.)

OK... who has the best dogs on the North Coast and trains them? I'll bet not cheap but I'll bet good dogs and with papers.

DANG... what is his name? (been a little ill and on.... been a little ill.)

(Your MIL and we know each other and talked. Small Island. LOL)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
OK.... I have ONE really sweet spayed female. More like a black lab/shepard mix. About 3 years old and is sweet. Good guard dog with her alert bark. She is very social with people... NEEDS LOVE... and other dogs. Kinda a submissive with other Alpha dogs but WILL stand her ground.

ONLY to a good home with large grounds, gardens, house, companions....

We love her very much and she is a good dog. But we have ONE alpha female that picks on her. My wife and I have talked ... and talked.

What is best for Blacky?

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
After 14 years we have to put our "baby girl" to sleep. A pit bull, but I think she did not know that. So sweet and smart; it's been 5 days and I still cry when I think about here like I'm crying now. Here is a portrait my wife made a few years ago.Take good care!
best26s | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
There's a female dog who needs a home in my neighborhood in Santo Domingo. There's a mid sized property that has chickens, occasional cock fights, palm trees, hard wood trees, platanos and coffee plants. The property hosts private parties.

The guy who runs the place keeps 3 or 4 dogs. They are chained up 24/7.

Mariposa was one of those dogs. She broke her chain and killed a chicken so the manager kicked her out in the street. She's been on the street for about four months. She has endeared herself to many people in the neighborhood some of whom give her food.

She was in heat a few months ago and a woman in the neighborhood took her to vet for an injection and she never got pregnant.

Her ideal living situation would be a finca where she can run and play with other dogs if they accept her as leader. A chicken farm would not be a good mix.

I feed her kibbles twice a day. When I walk my dogs she comes along. It's the cutest thing. She's like a scout and body guard.

She is dominant with some other dogs and chases cats. She and Billy teamed up and killed a cat. Billy is a local dog with a home who gets out and roams around. She and Mari are buddies.

Mari has the sweetest personality. She loves to be around people and is very protective of anyone she bonds with.

6gabo2.jpg

2q3rp1i.jpg

Mari has the features and personality of a Labrador and the coloring of an Irish Setter.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Go to Judy's Pet lodge in Sosua/Cabarete....huge selection of dogs ready for adoption. We just adopted another one last week.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wow, lots of dogs looking for homes, right?

the thing in my in laws house is that they have two dogs: a huge rottie and a lhasa apso (old and currently looking like a dirty mop). plus two rats: i presume other people call them chiuaua :). plus a cat. so new dogs needs to be very young and willing to live in a pack with many other animals. my father in law trains his dogs to be good by the means of presidente (for him) and a rolled up newspaper plus some snacks (for the dog).

i loved the idea of a pittbull from ringo, what a perfect dog. but my in laws are dead scared of them. annoys me to no end because they were also so scared of rotties until we got one and then they demended we give them a rottie puppy. :(
so sad they are not bulging. :(

C-anna

Apr 23, 2013
dv8, I have the perfect dogs for your in-laws. They are german shepherd,dominican mixes. The mom looks like a big fox. She has a ginger-tan coat with a black mask face. Her puppy is about 6 months old and is ginger-tan all over. Both dogs live with many other dogs and 3 cats and 2 growing kittens. So you do not have to worry about whether or not they will get along with other pets, because they already do. They are already "fixed" so no unwanted babies. Both are also house trained. The mom "Ginger" has the most docile, friendly demeanor. She is a great watch dog who will alert you only if something

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks. i should have updated the thread: as of last week they already have a dog. but if i hear anyone who may need one i will let you know.
thanks again.