Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Postal System

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yoneiri Rosario View Post
    Hello(First time poster)
    I am currently worried about a package i bought from ebay.
    I've been hearing allot of stories how things get lost and never show up but i would like some help to ensure that i get what i bought.
    I currently live in Santo Domingo around Los Trinitaros(Is that spelled right?) and i just want to know what are my chances that what i ordered gets to me, The object at hand is 100cm long and i bought two of them.
    Can anyone tell me if there is a place i can go to check if and when it arrives or if i can just wait at my house for it.
    I assume i used the regular shipping system.

Any help would be of great help to ease my frustration.
    And i mean ANY small detail would be nice, An adress to check, Number to call.
    I was told my package would get here in 20-40 days and its only been around 7 but still i am extremely worried
    I don`t think that you can track your mail when it has been sent through plain mail. You could have if the seller had sent it under another category and given you a tracking number.

Last month I bought something from ebay, from a U.K. Seller, and I got it in 2 weeks by regular mail. After that, I bought something else and I`m still waiting for it. The seller is in China so I guess I`ll just have to wait. It`s been only 7 days for you; It could take you up to 4 weeks to get your stuff! Have you checked the seller reviews?

I`ve been using regular mail for ever and I`ve sent and received a lot of packages and only once the item got lost. The package was sent in March and and they "found" it in AUGUST!! Before and after that, everything else has been normal. By the way, I`m not sure if the package had appeared if it there had been cash or an Iphone in it.

For things I want to get quicker and from stores that don`t ship to the D.R. I`ve started using Encargopack and so far I`ve had a very good experience with them!

Hope this helps!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Thinking about calling them up around 3 tomorrow. What should i say?
    This is all new to me and i don't wanna screw up
    Edit:
    Also should i call the main office?
    Or the one that is closest to me?
    Ask them how long it would take a package from China to reach you!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like im going to MegaCentro tomorrow, Thank you all for the help and for the one who asked on the first page. Yes i will keep you posted on if i got my package or not.
    One step closer to living a better life here.
    Thanks!
    Yoneiri, we`re talking about a package from China. You`re not getting it in one week!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When receiving anything always leave a phone # to be reached at on the package.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i forgot to say it shipped from china using chinapost
    How screwed am i?
    China Post is excellent. The problem is INPOSDOM, the DR postal service. Some things get through quickly, some slowly and some never.

I use Business Mail one of the private shippers. I pay them to ship my mail and packages from Miami. It's a worthwhile expense because it eliminates the uncertainty.

Did the seller give you a tracking number? If they did you can give that to IMPOSDOM to see if they can track it.

A face to face chat with someone in the main post office in la Feria in Santo Domingo might be helpful. On the second floor they have some people who know which end is up.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

China Post gives a tracking number. I use them all the time and it usually takes about 2 weeks to hit the US. Then a few days later I get it with EPS. You can see by the China Post tracking number exactly when it is delivered.

Your problem is with the DR Postal system, not China Post.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i forgot to say it shipped from china using chinapost
    How screwed am i?
    It, meaning the ship from location, "suggests" you could be victimized. Especially, if you do not know the reputation of the shipper. There are too many drawbacks, distance, unknown source, and unreliable transport. Best you check with Ebay to find if you have remedy

Regards,

PJT

8. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The object at hand is 100cm long and i bought two of them.
    am i the only one who stopped reading at this point and now has a whirlwind of very strange images running through my head?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    It, meaning the ship from location, "suggests" you could be victimized. Especially, if you do not know the reputation of the shipper. There are too many drawbacks, distance, unknown source, and unreliable transport. Best you check with Ebay to find if you have remedy

Regards,

PJT
    If he bought it on Ebay there is not much chance of getting screwed. The only screwing he is getting is from the DR Postal Service. I buy cell phones all the time from China and have never had one missing or ever paid one peso to Customs. All shipped by China Post.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    am i the only one who stopped reading at this point and now has a whirlwind of very strange images running through my head?
    Nope. I'm way ahead of you!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast