Postal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Hello(First time poster)
I am currently worried about a package i bought from ebay.
I've been hearing allot of stories how things get lost and never show up but i would like some help to ensure that i get what i bought.
I currently live in Santo Domingo around Los Trinitaros(Is that spelled right?) and i just want to know what are my chances that what i ordered gets to me, The object at hand is 100cm long and i bought two of them.
Can anyone tell me if there is a place i can go to check if and when it arrives or if i can just wait at my house for it.
I assume i used the regular shipping system.

Any help would be of great help to ease my frustration.
And i mean ANY small detail would be nice, An adress to check, Number to call.
I was told my package would get here in 20-40 days and its only been around 7 but still i am extremely worried

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I, and most others here in the DR, use mail forwarding services.Mine is in Miami, it's "Express Parcel Service, or just "EPS".
There are many others.
I use "Amazon.com", "Walmart",JC Pennies" and other USA on line vendors.
You just give them the address of your "shipper" and they will send your "Stuff" to them.
The shipper brings your package into the DR. It comes by "AIR" and you will arrive about 3 days after it arrives in Miami.
EPS sends you constant emails tracking your packages.
When it arrives in Miami, when it's, "In The Air", when it is in DR customs, when they have it, and when you can come to get it.
In 18 years, I have never lost a package, or had any damages.
If you did use the US Postal service, which ships it to the DR postal, "Dis Service" you just have to wait and see what happens.
NEXT TIME, use a "Shipper".
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
The odds of getting it are not in your favor.
Have you ever gotten ANY mail at your house from the D.R. postal system?

Many places they do not deliver to and you need to get your mail from your local D.R. post office.
If your "package" is something one of the postal employee likes, well then "Kiss, Kiss Goodbye".
I'm still waiting for a pack of pictures I sent my girlfriend back 20+ years ago to arrive.

"R"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am estimating a 10% chance of your receiving your package. Please let us know if you do get it. It may be a couple of months.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think i forgot to say it shipped from china using chinapost
How screwed am i?

Is this China Post in Hong Kong? If it is they are very reliable, but the problem is not China. It is the DR Postal Service. Take the advice of CCCCCCCCCCCCCC and use EPS in the DR in the future.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
The odds of getting it are not in your favor.
Have you ever gotten ANY mail at your house from the D.R. postal system?

Many places they do not deliver to and you need to get your mail from your local D.R. post office.
If your "package" is something one of the postal employee likes, well then "Kiss, Kiss Goodbye".
I'm still waiting for a pack of pictures I sent my girlfriend back 20+ years ago to arrive.

"R"
How can i locate my local post office?

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I've used Aeropaq to ship small packages to Santo Domingo. Fast and reliable.

Follow everyone else's advice.. use a courier next time

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Do you really expect an answer from them that you can believe?
How long have you been in the D.R.?

"R"
I've been here long enough to know that most of what they say is bull**** in order to "calm the people"
But i may be able to be set in the right track by calling.
While i admit i have a long way to go, it gets hard being alone in this country.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Try to find out which post office serves your location and go and talk to them there.
As I said, many locations they do not deliver to
Even if they deliver mail (Letters) to where you live, they may not deliver packages and require you to either go to their office or an office in a major city close by .
That's the only advice I can offer.

Best of luck to you.

"R"

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Try to find out which post office serves your location and go and talk to them there.
As I said, many locations they do not deliver to
Even if they deliver mail (Letters) to where you live, they may not deliver packages and require you to either go to their office or an office in a major city close by .
That's the only advice I can offer.

Best of luck to you.

"R"
2ymWb

Seems like im going to MegaCentro tomorrow, Thank you all for the help and for the one who asked on the first page. Yes i will keep you posted on if i got my package or not.
One step closer to living a better life here.
Thanks!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have received packages from Europe here in DR and many letters (especially those of the Dutch tax department) without problems. If I buy something online I have it send with a shipper (EPS) though.

Feb 7, 2007
I think i forgot to say it shipped from china using chinapost
How screwed am i?

You are quite screwed because Chinapost has about 30% loss rate even for shipments to USA and Europe, unless it was sent registered mail where the loss rate is about 10% (Chian Post employees also like lots of stuff, same as DR post employees).

If buying from China/Hong Kong, such as Alibaba, Aliexpress, MisterTao, etc., use DHL if shipped to the DR, and EMS or Hong Kong Post, or Singapore Post if sent to the USA Miami Forwarder. Try not to use ChinaPost at all, even though Chinapost shipping may be offered for free by the seller.

Last edited:

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Yoneiri Rosario, from my recent and past experience you'll get your package no problem. It should take 3-4 weeks to get here. The post office for Los Trinitarios Santo Domingo Este is either OZAMA or Los Minas call them two weeks after shipping date and every 3-4 days after that to ask for your package.

OZAMA = 809-273-5234
Los Minas = 809-234-2695

In the past 2-3 years I've received quite a few packages via INPOSDOM from India, China and USA, I've never had an issues. I've ordered many laptop parts & batteries and cellphone replacement parts from ebay shipped via regular post and I haven't lost one yet.

I'm currently waiting on a Atheros AR5B195 Wireless Bluetooth Half Hight PCI-E Card Single-chip 150 Mbps wifi card I ordered from China via China post to inposdom. My package should get here by about the 10th of May. I'll keep you posted. Good luck with you packae and keep us posted.

NotLurking

PS you can search all my posts and you'll find post on how good INPOSDOM service has been going back a few years. I've been receiving parcels since back then without incident.

Hello(First time poster)
I am currently worried about a package i bought from ebay.
I've been hearing allot of stories how things get lost and never show up but i would like some help to ensure that i get what i bought.
I currently live in Santo Domingo around Los Trinitaros(Is that spelled right?) and i just want to know what are my chances that what i ordered gets to me, The object at hand is 100cm long and i bought two of them.
Can anyone tell me if there is a place i can go to check if and when it arrives or if i can just wait at my house for it.
I assume i used the regular shipping system.

Any help would be of great help to ease my frustration.
And i mean ANY small detail would be nice, An adress to check, Number to call.
I was told my package would get here in 20-40 days and its only been around 7 but still i am extremely worried

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
About two years ago when I was living in the states I sent my sister a package from the post office.
I sent it registered and it was delivered to her home in SD.But there was a delay and I was worried
thinking it was either lost or stolen.She finally got it after a month.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
actually I was impressed with INPOSDOM the one time I used them - sent a box of books from the US to my colonial zone address - it took about 3 weeks to arrive from the states but a guy from INPOSDOM delivered it right to my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.