Spicy food thread.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
We haven't had a recipe thread for a while. The car wash I normally get my hot wings has now become Dominicanized and they have no clue of what hot and spicy really is.
i thought oh well, I'll come home and make something spicy at home and I'm tossing up what to do with this pork I have.

besides that, Ian always looking for spicy ideas.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Actually I have tried all the hot sauces this country has to offer and it does seem they are unable to combine spie with flavor for some reason, I'd like to maybe make my own sauces if possible.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Actually I have tried all the hot sauces this country has to offer and it does seem they are unable to combine spie with flavor for some reason, I'd like to maybe make my own sauces if possible.

Cook spaghetti as per package / adding chopped onion and bay leaf.
Put drained sphaghetti in oven proof casserole
Add:
a little olive oil
to taste sriracha sauce or whatever hot sauce you have on hand / stir lightly.
oregano / crushed fennel seeds / black pepper
Diced tomatoes / fold in
Top with cheese. Grated chedder and/or parmesan of whatever cheese you have.
Cover dish and bake at 300 degrees for approx 45 mins.
enjoy.

burp.

Giveadogahome........great idea.
A sort of dr1 "what's for Dinner" thread.
Hey.....Why not a sticky?

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Actually i think Cobra started it a couple of years ago but it fizzled out, as I remember he had pictures of his hot wings in the original one.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I grow hot fiery peppers in the garden. We use them fresh, conserved in oil, or mixed into a paste for conservation......easy stuff and the best Ive come across by far in dr......

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Cook spaghetti as per package / adding chopped onion and bay leaf.
Put drained sphaghetti in oven proof casserole
Add:
a little olive oil
to taste sriracha sauce or whatever hot sauce you have on hand / stir lightly.
oregano / crushed fennel seeds / black pepper
Diced tomatoes / fold in
Top with cheese. Grated chedder and/or parmesan of whatever cheese you have.
Cover dish and bake at 300 degrees for approx 45 mins.
enjoy.

burp.

Giveadogahome........great idea.
A sort of dr1 "what's for Dinner" thread.
Hey.....Why not a sticky?

I forgot to mention, be sure to add liquid from the tomatoes and or a bit of water so it's not too dry.

This a a fast, easy and delicious "go-to" dish. Very leftover friendly.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I love HOT, Spanish, Smoked Paprica!
They sell the best ever, her at Pola, & Supermercado National.
Problem is, they charge a small fortune foe a tiny tin.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
I go to Amazon.com, punch in "Hot,Spanish, smoked paprica.
I ordered 2 HUGE plastic containers for about $25.00.
Then I also oredr two HUGE plastic containers of "Cayenne Pepper".
I mix it half & half, and put it on almost everything.
It's really great on "Arroz con Habichuelas"!
You get to be "BURNED" twice.
First on the way "IN", then again on the way "OUT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Feel The Burn"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

apart from Maria's SOS extra picante, there is no such thing as a flavorful hot sauce here. give the Maria"s a shot. i find it to be quite decent.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
apart from Maria's SOS extra picante, there is no such thing as a flavorful hot sauce here. give the Maria"s a shot. i find it to be quite decent.
There is at Camp Moto.

Frank's. ;) I have extra. Like Jimmy Deans'.

(I think CCCCC said he saw some Frank's in some strore in SDQ...)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There is at Camp Moto.

Frank's. ;) I have extra. Like Jimmy Deans'.

(I think CCCCC said he saw some Frank's in some strore in SDQ...)

i saw Franks at La Sirena once. then it was gone. by the way, do not eat my Jimmy Dean. my buddy is in town from Englewood, NJ, but as soon as he leaves, i am heading there

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Have never seen a hot sauce here that I liked. Luckily having grown up with Indonesian and Surinam friends they have tought me how to make a great hot sauce which I make every once in awhile.

when my buddy returns in July, i will have him bring you a bottle of Matouk's Scotch Bonnet; the best hot sauce on the planet.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
i saw Franks at La Sirena once. then it was gone. by the way, do not eat my Jimmy Dean. my buddy is in town from Englewood, NJ, but as soon as he leaves, i am heading there
I'll label it "organic" and "for medicinal purposes only" and put it in a plain brown wrapper...;)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'll label it "organic" and "for medicinal purposes only" and put it in a plain brown wrapper...;)

where there is a will, there is a way. i am having a jones for some decent sausage, especially after trying to eat the crap at La Sirena.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
What I'm dying for is and authentic Jamaican Patty like the ones I use to buy in White Plains, NY from a nice Jamaican family that hand made them fresh daily. These were so hot and spicy that tears of happiness would run down my cheeks. These things were so good I still have fantasies of globing up at least half a dozen of these lovelies. Of course you pay for it twice, when you eat it and when you finally dispose of it but it damn sure is worth it. We'll never get these yummy treats here :(

Sorry to be a bit off topic but I couldn't help myself. I needed to reminisce.

NotLurking