Proud to be Impressed

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I, for one, am proud of many DR1ers.

We have some truly outstanding folks here, posters with great bona fides and accomplishments.

Just recently frank12 and Matilda, both of who I'm proud to have met, have published books that are most enjoyable to read.

Chirimoya deserves huge kudos for her books (and blame for those fattening recipes ;);)).

Ginnie was an acclaimed author with books all should consume.

We have successful bar/restaurant owners, hoteliers, pharmacists, builders, university professors, retired financiers, bankers, smart actuarials, accomplished geeks, pilots and all manner of folks who have great accomplishments and skills. I know I've left some out and do apologize.

Seriously: does anyone belong to any forum or virtual community anywhere with as many folks as accomplished as those on DR1?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and there i was thinking we were misfits with quirky sex life involving lawnmowers...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thank you - these days Pib only posts when the moon is in Uranus ;) but she needs to share the blame for the effects of those recipes.
I used to post on the Straight Dope forum and still pay an occasional visit. There are a lot of dazzling minds there from all over the world, including a couple of other DR1ers.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
[video=youtube;aGsSAysEEug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aGsSAysEEug[/video]

See how many dr1'ers you can spot in the audience...
lol.;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I used to post on the Straight Dope forum and still pay an occasional visit. There are a lot of dazzling minds there from all over the world, including a couple of other DR1ers.
whaaa? i need to admit a slight addiction to the straight dope :)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
May I ask: was the OP and the following comments meant sarcastically?
Not at all.

I couldn't be more sincere.

I truly admire DR1ers who *do* and don't just talk. There may be more than just the one's I mentioned.

I totally respect and admire achievement.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was particularly surprised by one comment stating that DR1 is in the intellectual melting pot of the Caribbean......just the other day I was thinking that great part of the DR1 visitors / posters are a bunch of ............ never mind

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I was particularly surprised by one comment stating that DR1 is in the intellectual melting pot of the Caribbean......just the other day I was thinking that great part of the DR1 visitors / posters are a bunch of ............ never mind
You can melt poop with Haggen Das in a pot...;)

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Not at all.

I truly admire DR1ers who *do* and don't just talk. There may be more than just the one's I mentioned.

Achievements my estimado fren cobra...comes in many forms...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have met, socialized, traveled, and MUCH MORE, with more than a few DR1ers for more than 10 years.
A few were "Scum Bags", a few were "Drunks", two were "Bible Thumpers", some were ignorant about life on "Planet Earth", but none were "STUPID"!!!!!!!!!
And I enjoyed meeting every one of them!
We should heed the words of that great American, Rodney King, who once said, "Can't We All Just Git Along"?????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Not at all.

I only wanted to NOTE the above but I need to write something. I've done so. See above.