Claro everything?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm going to dump my Wind contract today, I am considering signing up with claro as I have my phone and Internet with them already. Does anyone else get their cable/sat through Claro, what are the packages like, are there often issues with reception etc?

or any other alternatives that have worked out decent for you?

obviously going claro everything will work out more economical for me, but I had had Internet issues with claro a few years ago that took almost a month to sort out, so I'm a little apprehensive about going a step further. I must say, this time around I am pleased with the service I have received, after last time I promised myself I'd never sign with them again, but...........

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What's the problems with Wind?

They have a lot of stealth tax, program change, upgrade etc all come with a so called 'deposit' that they say they will refund when you leave. But they don't, they use it as credit to keep you on the billing. There is not declaration of any of this when you sign up or add and remove packages. Every month they seem to manage to almost double what we expect to pay for one reason or another. So I'm just going to dump the contract. Also reception is terrible at times, customer care is second only to how claro was a few years ago, and so now probably much worse as claro seem to have eventually picked up the ball, only time will tell if they can run with it, which is why I'm asking.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If your internet with Claro is working well than the TV will be just fine. They both work off the Net as I am sure you know. I have the package and am satisfied.

Just to add something that is important. If your TV skips or delays than the router is no good and you need to tell them you want a different router. I have 3 TV's running off of this and all are working perfectly now.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't like to have all services with the same company. I have Claro for house phone, cell phone and internet, but I use Tricom for cable. Of course it's cheaper to have it all in of those packages, but you lose leverage. Just an example, I was without cable since last week. Every time I called Tricom the gave me the standard "ma?ana" treatment. Last night I called them and told them that Claro called me every month to offer Claro TV (which is true), and that if my cable wasn't working by today at noon I was going to cancel and go to Claro (Which was true also). This morning at 8:00 they were caling me to tell me the technician was on his way. By 9:00 the problem was fixed. If I had had a package I couldn't have threaten them because taking a service out of the package breaks the deal and all your other services increase as a result. I rather pay a little more and have the peace of mind of knowing I can switch companies any time without major problems.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have Multiplan from Claro. No problems with phone cable or Internet (even though video club Claro used to have a reasonable collection of on demand videos which is very poor now). We have our mobile phones with them and at least my 3G speed is very bad. But I heard it's not better with orange.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have "Claro" everything.
3 TV's, Land line,internet.
Costs about 8,000 a month, I "Think", as my wife pays the bill.
She is famous for "Padding" bills.
I'm happy, not about her "padding", but with "Claro".
We to had the problem about losing signal MANY times a day. They came and change the modum, no big problem now.
I only watch "US News channels", and "History" Discovery, and like channels, so I have no info about movies.
My wife does VERY little but watch movies 24/7, so you have to ask her.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I also have claro multiplan and its been working good so far. I thought about upgrade because of lack of golf channel but I don't think it's worth extra since I am allow to watch anything other then my wife's stuff. I should had brought extra tv. :(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My "Bride" of 18 years, is a lovely "Dominicana"!
They just call it "Juntando", not "Padding".
Means stealing your spouses "Dinero" to buy useless "Crap" for yourself!
CCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have lotsa things from claro: internet, landline and all mobiles. makes it real easy when looking for someone to blame and yell at.

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
I have Claro for cell, home phone and internet at home... Wind for internet at the business.

All have been good for me apart from the Claro internet - maybe its just be being unlucky but at least once a month we are on the phone to Claro about it, never again. That said they do come out quick to sort it.

Wind telecom is awesome for the internet.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
How much do you pay? How many channels etc?
I pay about 3800 pesos for 800 free local minutes on my landline, I think it includes minutes to USA as well and some to mobile phones (from Claro). 6000mbit DL Internet and the superior cable package (the medium package). I don't know how many channels, more than enough, but we use about 5 (3 for the children and 2 for me). It includes a 20% discount on two mobile phone plans if on the same name, which we still didn't activate.

I'm considering I cancel everything and get the 4g from orange as soon as available in my neighborhood. Get rid of the landline, watch Netflix instead of cable and be cheaper of, the problem is how can the maid call the Colmado (and make all her personal phone calls) if we don't have a landline anymore.