Unlocking a Samsung Galaxy III

josephine

Dec 14, 2003
I just got a Samsung Galaxy III and I would like to unlock it. It's from tmobile and it's a no contract. Will I be able to unlock it to use it in Claro. Also does Claro use mini sim cards?

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
T-Mobile will un-lock it for free after 40days. The claro or orange shop will take a normal sim and cut it do the mini-sim size to use. Thats what that they did for me.

nordique

Apr 6, 2012
wonder if anyone know how much its could cost me to unlock my iphone 4S ,its a canadian phone with Fido , appreciate for the infos.thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
You can get an unlock code on ebay or other internet sites ranging from $1 to $15 or so. I've done it twice (last one cost $1.36 on ebay for an LG Nitro HD...the other was $7.95 for a Motorola Atrix 4G). It takes a few minutes to receive the code via email and only involves inserting the new SIM and typing a few numbers into your phone.

Also check the Google Play Store - I got a totally FREE unlocking app for a Samsung Galaxy S (first generation). Took a few seconds to download (over wifi) and a couple of minutes to run, then insert the new SIM and you're done.

I received a micro-sim from Claro when I had a Motorola Droid Razr...no cutting involved. May need to go to one of the corporate stores for that though.

You will only get "edge" data speeds on Claro with a T-mobile phone....not 3G...for that you will need to use Orange service. (Claro uses the same frequency as AT&T for 3G, Orange uses the same as T-Mobile...thanks to AZB for this info!)

So if you're planning to bring a smartphone and use a data plan, remember:

Claro - best to use At&T
Orange - best to use T-Mobile

If you only intend to use data over wi-fi, it makes no difference.

As for Iphones...I don't think unlocking is as simple, many cell stores can do it, but BE CAREFUL which you choose because if they mess up the procedure they can disable (brick) your phone!

miesposo

Sep 2, 2012
wonder if anyone know how much its could cost me to unlock my iphone 4S ,its a canadian phone with Fido , appreciate for the infos.thanks

The phone can be factory unlocked if you wish. You need to buy the unlock code, do certain procedure with I tunes. After you finish with this then it will be unlocked all the time and it will be legal.

You can get the code and the procedure from ebay. There are many sellers that will help you with process. In case you need one let me know and I can send you the link with the one I been using for this.

BeaverMan

Sep 12, 2012
To unlock your Galaxy S3 OR NOTE 2:
Just dial the following keys *#197328640#
Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!!

credit fatwallet forums and XDA developers