American Conuslate

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Can anyone tell me exactly where the American Consulate is in Puerto Plata? I need directions. Thanks.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I was at the Canadian counsulate and it is next door. I know how to get there but telling you the streets I can't. Look it up on google. I think it is called Calle Villanueva at the corner with John F Kenedy

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Thank you very much. Found it quite easily with the provided information.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
... at the corner with John F Kenedy
There is no "Calle John F Kennedy" any more. It is now "Calle Juan Bosch".

Normally the retort would be the locals will still know it as "Kennedy" for the next twenty years but in this case they do seem to have adopted the new name very quickly (unlike the case of "Parque Central" and "Avenida Colon" which seem to be embedded too deeply for all except officials and pedantic gringos to adapt).

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
There is no "Calle John F Kennedy" any more. It is now "Calle Juan Bosch".

Normally the retort would be the locals will still know it as "Kennedy" for the next twenty years but in this case they do seem to have adopted the new name very quickly (unlike the case of "Parque Central" and "Avenida Colon" which seem to be embedded too deeply for all except officials and pedantic gringos to adapt).

So, you've polled all the the locals, officials and pedantic gringos and this is your conclusion?
Thank you so much....

Last edited: