Condos in Sosua

coolsago

Apr 13, 2013
Hi I saw a number of condos listed for sale in Sosua for around $25000us. What are your views of condos like these listings? thanks.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
sure is isnt 25k down? Never saw anything, even in the worst barrios, for that kind of money.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Condos in Puerto Chiquita near the entrance are going for that!

I suggest you read up on the history of this complex, and go visit and inspect.
It might cost you $25K to get rid of the mold, oh does it come with a deslinda....hmmmmm?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
They also have 25k condos next to europa with a pool and $60 maintence

There is a bedroom and a wall seperating the kitchen and sliding glass doors on the ground floor over looking the pool and there was 2 for sale a few months ago

The realtor said there was a clean title

May 29, 2006
I've definitely heard of condos in that range in Sosua, but they weren't very big or in newer buildings. Do your homework. Is there a washer dryer available? Good security? Can you walk to and from there at night? Is the pool being maintained? Are there noise issues?

The most important thing is to talk to the other residents to find out how reliable the maintenance is and what kind of turn-over there is. You may also find out that some of the units are being rented to mongers who like to have parties at the pool at night..

coolsago

Apr 13, 2013
condos for $25000

you get what you pay for...

Thanks for all the feedback, check Prestige realty listings, or Sosua real estate listings. I will certainly do my homework before signing an offer. Any ideas of a good buy for a cash purchase of $ 25000US.

Yes do as the other lemmings do- buy expencive.

I bought my small apartment in the hellish Puerto Chiquito for a very very resonable price thanks to the nervous reputation this place have. Im still alive, and had no breakins after several years. I think we paid 15000 for a runned down apartment, we fixed it, and now we have our own place, and no dept.

If you use your brain there is no problems living in Puerto Chiquito, it is a economical place to live and economical smart place to start. So if you dont like to live in the RD, well then you do not loose so much money as if you bought a much more expencive house or condo in another place.

But my only advice must be: Please please- Rent a apartment in this place first, then if you still like to live there after some months. Then you can decide if it is a evil place- or a nice place you want to live.
Contact the managment in the place, ask for someone with a apartment to rent, so you can try to live before you buy.