Just bought the Roku, netflix not working on it (but netflix works on my computer)

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
My Roku3 works fine, except it wont connect to Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. I have a Netflix account, that works fine on the computer. Roku support says that its geo sensitive, and that I have to authorize netflix to stream into my 'area.' (DR).....

Many other channels working.....just not Netflix and Amazon Instant Video.

besides getting a proxy IP, does anybody have a solution to this? Should I have used a Dominican credit card for the Roku account, or would that not have made a difference?

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
My Roku3 works fine, except it wont connect to Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. I have a Netflix account, that works fine on the computer. Roku support says that its geo sensitive, and that I have to authorize netflix to stream into my 'area.' (DR).....

besides getting a proxy IP, does anybody have a solution to this? Should I have used a Dominican credit card for the Roku account, or would that not have made a difference?

I don't think that the credit card should have anything to do with it, just the ip address.
I have two Roku units in my house and use Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and Hulu plus with all of these connecting through a flashed router which uses a VPN service that gives me a USA ip address. They work flawlessly and we are very happy with them so I would guess that the ip address is your only issue.

Important note: You can download the free program "Plex" which you can add to your Roku channels to stream video from your computer hard drive directly to your Roku. This works very well and you do not have to convert movies, put them on flash drives, etc., just stream them directly to the Roku. That way you can download movies to your computer and bingo, available on your media server. We do this a lot for classic children's movies, etc.

miesposo

Sep 2, 2012

Ok, first of all you need to start all over again. The steps to follow are:

• You need to get a VPN service from the USA, ( I suggest Strong VPN)
  • The Roku needs to be factory reset
  • You need another email account different from the one you used before to set it up
  • When you connect the Roku has to be connected to the VPN line, so can you can start the whole process again
  • When you finish this, everything is done. You will have everything working and the Roku will think you are in the US.
  • For Amazon Video On Demand, when you set up the account, it starts from the Roku and then you have to go to Amazon and register the Roku
The service costs a year around $90 dollars. If you need some one to do all this for you, I can give the name of a guy and he will go to your house and do everything. He will charge for his services, you can discuss with him the price. He was the one to do all this at my house.

If you need anything, let me know and I will give you his contact details.

Aug 21, 2007
I believe the above is correct, however Netflix previously worked on my Roku. My internet has a Miami USP address. All of a sudden, it quit working. It works on my computer while connected to the same internet service. All the other movie channels work. The message I get when I try to connect is "Internal Error. Try again Later." I tried resetting my Roku. That did not work. Ideas?

Lindsey

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
I believe the above is correct, however Netflix previously worked on my Roku. My internet has a Miami USP address. All of a sudden, it quit working. It works on my computer while connected to the same internet service. All the other movie channels work. The message I get when I try to connect is "Internal Error. Try again Later." I tried resetting my Roku. That did not work. Ideas?

Lindsey

Lindsey, do you have multiple concurrent logins open with Netflix? I believe they allow two or so open at the same time maximum. I have had this happen with my kids when they leave their kindle on and connected to Netflix and then try to watch Netflix on Roku whereas they are denied access. Hopefully this is the problem?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
unblock-us.com doesnt slow internet and works with netflix, amazon video and amazon mp3/