Sosua News On Closing Of City Lights

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
[h=5]The completely redesigned bar and nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) in the main street Pedro Clisante has been closed since 2 weeks. Since the opening in December there didn't come as much visitors as expected. The management started with music evenings and invited reasonably known bands to perform at the disco.[/h] [h=5]City Lights[/h]
[h=5]The first band was Fefita la Grande, a nationally renowned and famous tipico band. With this change of policy the management hoped to attract more Dominican visitors. The number of visitors for this musical event, unfortunately wasn't as big as they expected. This is very unfortunate because in Sos?a, besides El Flow, there is little opportunity to enjoy real Dominican music. Years ago there was the Car Wash every month a famous merengue or bachata band performed. We thought these good times would return with the City Lights' new policy.
And now we can only hope that City Lights gets another chance.[/h]

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
And this is in the tourist season............
not looking very promising............

B in Santiago

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This should come as no surprise. Bad location, bad business model and bad grand opening. Again people, you CANNOT compete against Passions if you are not better than Passion. Same happened just down the street to a Passions' wannabe called Hollywood Nights. The guys spend about 50k and lasted 3 months. It's very sad to see people investing money without proper research.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This should come as no surprise. Bad location, bad business model and bad grand opening. Again people, you CANNOT compete against Passions if you are not better than Passion. Same happened just down the street to a Passions' wannabe called Hollywood Nights. The guys spend about 50k and lasted 3 months. It's very sad to see people investing money without proper research.

nothing more needs to be said. which moron would have Fefita performing on Pedro Clisante?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing more needs to be said. which moron would have Fefita performing on Pedro Clisante?

i love fefita. her persona, that is, not the music. but you are right. i would have gotten milka la mas dura...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i love fefita. her persona, that is, not the music. but you are right. i would have gotten milka la mas dura...

saw Fefita a few months back, on Luis Ginebra. love her dearly. Pedro Clisante is not exactly the right venue

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005

I have managed many successful bars in my past life and all of them were fronts for other activities. Passions is the standard to measure all other whore bars in Sosua. But the business model there just might land a lesser connected gringo in hot water.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Didn't Clasicos have Anthony Santos a few months back? I know New York Ranch has some good bands now and then. I would be one to go see some good tipico bands in Sosua. The current music scene in Sosua is much too gringofied for my taste, especially with all the rap music. One of the things I like about Santo Domingo is hearing a lot more salsa.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Didn't Clasicos have Anthony Santos a few months back? I know New York Ranch has some good bands now and then. I would be one to go see some good tipico bands in Sosua. The current music scene in Sosua is much too gringofied for my taste, especially with all the rap music. One of the things I like about Santo Domingo is hearing a lot more salsa.

Thursday night upstairs at Ojos in Cabarete big time Salsa. Downstairs Batchata & Merengue.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Thursday night upstairs at Ojos in Cabarete big time Salsa. Downstairs Batchata & Merengue.

And this contributes to the thread Sosua News On Closing Of City Lights in what way?
Just a thought.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

To my knowledge, Salsa music never shows up on the north coast. It takes real musicians (not an Antony Santos, for example) to play Salsa music.

Sad to see any business go under, but poor planning, bad location and improper business model execution seem responsible for the OP.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
every thread on dr1 has to stray off the subject before reaching page three. it's practically a law ;)

If Reidy feels better as self appointed SUPERMOD, let him have his glory.
We all have needs D!