Need information about Mao Valverde . Nesesito information de Mao

usa2dr

Apr 14, 2013
Please inform me of any information about this area in DR.
Such as important places in the area, things needed in the area. If you recommend me to move to this area of the country. Businesses needed, dangerous things about the area and any other import things you think i should know about the area. thanks have a nice day

btw this is my first post...

por favor diganme mas information sobre Mao valverde. imformation como negosios nesesitado en Mao , si recomiendan mudarse a Mao, peligros que ahy en Mao y otras cosas importante que creen que devo saver. grasia tengan un buen dia....

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I spent a week there once. The people are very friendly. The chivo is very good. There is a nice park/square in the center of town and a few nice clubs/bars. You can PM me if you have specific questions. My friend from NYC was born there and still has a house there.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I spent a week there once. The people are very friendly. The chivo is very good. There is a nice park/square in the center of town and a few nice clubs/bars. You can PM me if you have specific questions. My friend from NYC was born there and still has a house there.

the bananas and platanos are dirt cheap.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Mao is probably one of the prettiest towns in the DR. It is clean, safe, some nice upmarket shops, a reasonable supermarket, 3 good private clinics, Caribe tours to the capital, good public transport, two universities. PM for more information.

Matilda

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Mao is probably one of the prettiest towns in the DR. It is clean, safe, some nice upmarket shops, a reasonable supermarket, 3 good private clinics, Caribe tours to the capital, good public transport, two universities. PM for more information.

Matilda

Yeah, I love the supermarket I went to there. They served some good food upstairs at great prices. I took a guagua to Santiago from there that was pretty cheap.

usa2dr

Apr 14, 2013
would anyone of you have a problem living in Mao, what is the pros and cons of living in mao to where you live now.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Mao is surrounded by some of the nicest countryside around. Usa2dr do you know how to pm?

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Pros: nice clean pretty safe town. An hour to Santiago with major supermarkets, good health care, airport and highway to capital. An hour and a half to Puerto Plata. Fabulous countryside within 30 mins.
Cons: No expats - assuming you need them. Speak with a funny accent - capitay not capital. No international kids school if you have kids.
You need to be more specific with your questions.

Matilda

usa2dr

Apr 14, 2013
would anyone of you have a problem living in Mao, what is the pros and cons of living in mao to where you live now.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
I have spent a lot of time in Mao. it is a really cool small town. By Dominican standards it is a well to do town, as opposed to its neighbor Esperanza. Low crime, low cost of living, friendly people. But no expats and little English spoken, if that matters to you. AND, only a short drive to beautiful mountains. K

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I agree it is a very nice provincial town, clean and attractive, seems peaceful enough.
I haven't visited for almost a year but I'm told there's a good Italian-run pizzeria - so at least one expat :) Where our relatives live, there are a good number of returning dominicanos ausentes building nice houses so English must be spoken to some extent.