Fuels could run out on Tuesday

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[h=2]Fuels could run out on Tuesday[/h]
Santo Domingo.? Fuel reserves stored in gas stations could begin to dwindle from next Tuesday morning if the strike carried out by the National Union of Transport against fuel distribution companies does not cease before the deadline.
Alonso Rivas, the vice president of the gas stations owners grouped in ANADEGAS called for a dialogue, but Clemente Morillo, representing transport workers, said the strike will not be lifted until the signing of a collective pact, including wages and social claims.
The strike that began on Thursday night was still on Friday night, with truckers refusing to remove fuel from the Dominican Petroleum Refinery (Refidomsa).
Source: DT

Feb 7, 2007
In Higuey, gasoline is out on 3 main gas stations (Shell Libertad, Texaco and Isla), only one (still) having is ESSO. Did a 40-minute queue this morning to fill up. Texaco is still having some diesel. I plan to go get some more later today unless it will be out of fuels by then. Don't know about Shell CURE and Shell Turistica.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use an independent supply but i am not worried in any case. promises will be made and asses will be licked and it will be back to normal again...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Good. Long weekend at home. I'm worried how the colmado is going to do their deliveries though. Maybe I should stock up the beer early.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
My lady friend has a Texaco station right next to her job two blocks away from expreso John F Kennedy. The station was taking a fuel delivery earlier today.

Maybe some crossed the picket line, if they even joined at all.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Nice when you are on vacation and can't do any excursion because of these people....for sure they will never come back to the DR.....

You would have been faced with a similar gas shortage in New York if you happened to travel here during Hurricane Sandy.

Though granted, you can't pay mother nature to stop damage, but you can try to compromise with union workers so everyone gets what they want.

It's win-win for everyone when things work out.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You would have been faced with a similar gas shortage in New York if you happened to travel here during Hurricane Sandy.

I know a few that waited half a day on line waiting for the truck to show up.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I know a few that waited half a day on line waiting for the truck to show up.

Not thinking it would be that bad, I waited until my tank ran almost empty to make that line.

First time I made the line I stood there for six hours only to get rationed seven gallons worth of gas, or about half tank of gas in my truck.

I drove to Jersey later that night to see if I can fill up the rest of my tank; and waited another four hours for this.

It was the most uneventful, yet frustrating Friday night in recent memory for me.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
And back to the subject at hand, has anyone seen any gas stations that were originally closed opening back up?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I just tried to get gas in Santiago - three stations dry. Two Texacos near the Rafey free zone and a Petronam.

ElAlien

Mar 10, 2013
I'm staying in Sosua this weekend, where I know we won't run out of gas. My X5 needs eat!