Gas left in Punta Cana / Bavaro?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If anyone's filled up their vehicle today, please post here where you managed to find gas. It's running out fast!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Bulevar Turistico gas station is empty. My contacts are telling me there's nothing left in the area. Oh joy!

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Maybe a good thing I run on propane!
Der Fish

I remember in '03 there was a propane shortage for what seemed like weeks ( was prob really just1 week)
And riding on Motorcycle from Sosua to Moca with a propane tank in my lap when word got out Moca had a supply...
Awww the good ol' days..

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The Texacos at Friusa and Macao have gasoil only. The only station in the zone we have no information is the Shell at Cruce de Veron.

Regards,

PJT

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Whats going on? Why a shortage?

The drivers for the suppliers were on strike until about an hour ago. They've now suspended it til probably Wednesday "out of consideration for the people". There's been no delivery of fuel since last Friday.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hmm, Mr C is heading for Friusa as we speak. He has to go to SD tomorrow for work - if he doesn't get diesel I hope Expreso B?varo will be running. Edited to add - nothing in Friusa either.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Gasoline was being sold for a short time in Ver?n late this afternoon - our neighbours managed to fill up. Mr C went too, but there was no diesel.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
next time, guys, come to cap cana and fuel up there, been plenty of Gas and diesel available and mid afternoon a additional truck of Gasoline arrived.
the lil thugs spots along the roads offered today gasoline in presidente bottles for 500 pesos per galon, lolz

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hmm, Mr C is heading for Friusa as we speak. He has to go to SD tomorrow for work - if he doesn't get diesel I hope Expreso B?varo will be running. Edited to add - nothing in Friusa either.

Chiri,
they have their own diesel tank at the bus station, only for their buses(and some good friends), before a strike or such starts they usually fill up their tank and can run a good while their buses on that quantity

Mike

Feb 2, 2013
next time, guys, come to cap cana and fuel up there, been plenty of Gas and diesel available and mid afternoon a additional truck of Gasoline arrived.
the lil thugs spots along the roads offered today gasoline in presidente bottles for 500 pesos per galon, lolz

Mike

Mike, where is the gas station in Cap Cana, never seen it?

Please post your reports today, I need gas... I just have enough to go to the Shell station on the punta cana bavaro highway...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I managed to fill up last night around 10:30 in Friusa (surprisingly, there were only a few vehicles filling up). Not sure if they've got any left though. Anyone know if Veron's received anything?

Feb 7, 2007

Mike, can you just enter into Cap Cana and tell them you want to go to fill up your car/truck/passola/whatever there?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chiri,
they have their own diesel tank at the bus station, only for their buses(and some good friends), before a strike or such starts they usually fill up their tank and can run a good while their buses on that quantity

Mike
Cruce de Ver?n - long queues this morning according to Mr C, who went at 6:30 am - but nothing available. He is hoping to get diesel from a private source.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Was told just now there is gas in Cruce de Veron, but a queue (almost) to the AMET station, lol

Edit: Diesel too, I was told...

Cruce de Ver?n - long queues this morning according to Mr C, who went at 6:30 am - but nothing available. He is hoping to get diesel from a private source.