Edenada.. lack of power generation

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone familiar with the reason for the current incompetence of Edenorte on the north coast?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
what means ""current incompetence""?
did they ever show any competence or coverage of a area with permanent electricity?
lolz

Mike

Good point Mike. Edenorte does have different levels of incompetence. The current level is very high.

What Edenorte staff are saying is that there is a generator out of service. They will not say when it will be back on line or the reason it is off line. I was curious to see if it was a lack of money being paid to the generator, or if the generator was in need of physical repair.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
the same problem here... today we had an outage of around 7 hours, which is abnormal for a monday. And we have been having almost daily ones since 2 or 3 weeks.

BelgianK

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
As I've said for years. No one really knows what 24/7 means. Really.... get anyone to explain it.

I've been on/off/on/off in Playa Chiquita.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
last week we had most days with 12 and 13 hours with no power. thanks god for the inversor and wise dr1ers who laughed at our 4 batteries and made us upgrade to 8...

apparently there are ongoing problems with the generator in san felipe. it sucks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just got this in an email:

Power is becoming worse and worse all over. Everybody had blackouts today – Perla Marina, Casa Linda, Sea horse Ranch, Panorama Village etc.

This is the EDENORTE disaster. It is not that bad in the south of the country.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
POP is pretty bad right now, the whole city is down. i went to a dominican bar for what i assumed would be an hour at most, now im starting my 4th jumbo. cant really complain as there is alot of ass shaking, i just wish there was at least one girl here.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have 24 hour electricity(a month not a day of course)......

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
last week we had most days with 12 and 13 hours with no power. thanks god for the inversor and wise dr1ers who laughed at our 4 batteries and made us upgrade to 8...

apparently there are ongoing problems with the generator in san felipe. it sucks.

sounds like for newbies looking for job opportunities we should now recommend to open a Battery maintenance shop instead of opening a Bar or restaurant?

Mike

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
wow, cant believe in 45 minutes im heading home in the dark. at least i finally met a nice girl with the coolest name. anybody every meet a girl named transgenero

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah, the electricity situation is a serious bummer on the Isle, at least for most parts of the Isle.
myself i can't complain, we have here on the East real 24/7 electricity, it comes for a price but YES, well worth the few bucks each month spent, and zero need for a Inverser System or Planta or such, so finally i guess i have it the comfy way and for the same or even cheaper than some bordbuddies who need to maintain their alternative 2nd power systems to stay out of the dark.

Mike

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Before you blame the generator in San Felipe ask yourself; what would you do if the bills keep not getting paid, how would you keep operating?

First thing to be skipped are the maintainance crews... so expect more outages..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Before you blame the generator in San Felipe ask yourself; what would you do if the bills keep not getting paid, how would you keep operating?

First thing to be skipped are the maintainance crews... so expect more outages..

The blame is on the government for being in charge of bill collection and then not collecting. That is what needs to change. The power generation should be a private business from generator to customer.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If we didn't had our inversor it would be really difficult to live here. Yesterday we didn't had power for 7 hours or so. When I came home watchie told me that the power had been out since 3PM. Our trusty inversor was on with it's 4 batteries attached. It was about last year this time that Edestupidos gave me bill of $20k last year, so I am going to keep my eyes on the meter more closer then usual.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Only "Pichardo" can spin the Electric Failures in The DR!
Why don't you all move to "SD", and ride the "METRO" "24/7", THAT's the only REAL "A" circuit in the whole country!!!
Then get off at a "Mall" located at every stop, and enjoy the air conditioning, THEY have their own generators.
There will always be "Dinero" to pay the so-called "Maintenance Crews"!
They are the one's who charge you to cut your power, then charge you to turn it back on!
"Good News" is on the way!
Not only will you get fewer hours of electricity this year, you will soon have to pay more, to,...... "Not Get It!"
The "IMF" will demand an increase.
After going from 12 batteries, to 8, and finally to 4, after we became an "A" circuit 2 years ago,I will now go back to 8 when I replace next time.
Power off here most days for 6 to 8 hours, and with only 4 batteries, and a LOT of use, they run dead some days.
Luckily I have a generator when that happens.
Welcome to "Paraiso"!
"DR Style!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Exactly!

I am not sure any of the Ede's are "incompetent." In fact a case could be made they've done a fantastic job...considering they don't get paid.

With the warmer weather and more a/c demand it could get worse.

Don't forget those $billion bonds that are being floated. Let's hope a huge chunk goes to the power suppliers....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The blame is on the government for being in charge of bill collection and then not collecting. That is what needs to change. The power generation should be a private business from generator to customer.
Much electricity in the DR is thought to be a Free Cheese "entitlement" to MANY.

Just cut off those who don't pay or steal power and see how nasty the citizenry becomes...