Leaving with expired residency card

bradfordboy

Jul 16, 2008
I arrived into Puerto Plata airport with a valid residency card, which expired 13 February. ( so no tourist card )
i will be leaving from POP 26 april , and have not renewed my residency due to high costs and need to make 2 trips minimum to Santo Domingo.

Can anybody please confirm what the overstay penalty should be, where the info is available , and where displayed at the airport.
Also what are the actual physical steps you make after presenting yourself at the immigration booth ?

Thanks in advance for any info to reduce stress levels.....

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
RD 800 Pesos, posted on a big sign to your right as you head through immigration, pay before you go through booth. Be prepared to show entry stamp.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
His card expired 13 February, he did not say when he arrived, so might the penalty being even higher depending on his arrival date?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They will undoubtedly charge him from the date he entered the DR!
The logic that he was a "Legal Resisdent" until Feb. 13, is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond ANY DOMINICANO to grasp!!!!
These are the same people who can't make change for "Cinco Pesos", remember??
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
They will undoubtedly charge him from the date he entered the DR!
The logic that he was a "Legal Resisdent" until Feb. 13, is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond ANY DOMINICANO to grasp!!!!
These are the same people who can't make change for "Cinco Pesos", remember??
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

yeh, I have seen them actually HAVE to use a calculator to figure that out......

at least, at least some can use the calculator, so let give credit where credit is good..........hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhaweweweweweweweweweeweewewewe

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Sorry. I still do not understand why this is a problem.
I have stayed years over my 30 DAY Tourist Card.
When I leave I go to the desk and pay the fee.
It is simple, it is easy, and it is hassle free.

Knowing how much that I will need to pay is just as detail to be determined a few days in advance.

Can make this stuff a Closed Sticky thread some place.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Don't tell Customs the card is expired, let him figure that out himself. Even money says he does not even notice. And if he does you pay, if not you walk.