Sosua News On Danilo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]According to Dominicans we spoke, the new president Danilo Medina S?nchez is not the same president than the previous ones. Since his inauguration Danilo started vigorously. He is the first president to visit unannounced various problem areas in the country. The former president Leonel Fern?ndez also brought regular visits to towns and villages. But he always announced his arrival well in advance and he was always accompanied by a large number of ministers and generals. Danilo is always accompanied only by a small delegation and is interested in meeting key people (entrepreneurs and spokesmen of local committees) to talk about the problems. In November 2012 Danilo brought such an unexpected visit to Cabarete. He spoke, among others with the President of the entrepreneurs association, Lorenzo Sancassani about the problems Cabarete and the rest of the north coast have to deal with. Subsequently Danilo appointed Lorenzo Sancassani recently as director of the newly established Tourism Office for the province Puerto Plata. Danilo has announced that he will soon order the pavement of dirt roads in the area.[/h]
[h=5]Danilo in Cabarete[/h] [h=5]Also the roads in and around Sos?a are part of this plan. Danilo also has a four-year national plan to battle illiteracy. Currently in Sos?a teachers are trained to participate in this plan. The president wants to improve the level of education by temporarily set teachers from Cuba to work. Furthermore, the President promised to make available additional funds for the North Coast (Maim?n, Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sos?a, Cabarete). It seems that thanks to President Danilo Medina S?nchez a fresh wind blows through the Dominican Republic.[/h]

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Teaching the Dominican Republic primarily Sosu

From today's Sosua News:

According to Dominicans we spoke, the new president Danilo Medina S?nchez is not the same president than the previous ones. Since his inauguration Danilo started vigorously. He is the first president to visit unannounced various problem areas in the country. The former president Leonel Fern?ndez also brought regular visits to towns and villages. But he always announced his arrival well in advance and he was always accompanied by a large number of ministers and generals. Danilo is always accompanied only by a small delegation and is interested in meeting key people (entrepreneurs and spokesmen of local committees) to talk about the problems. In November 2012 Danilo brought such an unexpected visit to Cabarete. He spoke, among others with the President of the entrepreneurs association, Lorenzo Sancassani about the problems Cabarete and the rest of the north coast have to deal with. Subsequently Danilo appointed Lorenzo Sancassani recently as director of the newly established Tourism Office for the province Puerto Plata. Danilo has announced that he will soon order the pavement of dirt roads in the area.

Danilo in Cabarete

Also the roads in and around Sos?a are part of this plan. Danilo also has a four-year national plan to battle illiteracy. Currently in Sos?a teachers are trained to participate in this plan. The president wants to improve the level of education by temporarily set teachers from Cuba to work. Furthermore, the President promised to make available additional funds for the North Coast (Maim?n, Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sos?a, Cabarete). It seems that thanks to President Danilo Medina S?nchez a fresh wind blows through the Dominican Republic.

I would like to say President Danilo is working dilligently for the education of all children. I am an American who has spent over 11 years visiting here and now live permanently here in Sosual. My husband and I sold everything, we moved to Sosua and do not live in a gated community! We are amoungst the people and children whom we love so much. I have teaching experience with elementary students with a special focus on children who seem not to learn....I have worked in the US with a program called the PLAY PROJECT which teaches children, starting at the earliest age, who may be "out of sorts" and in the US are found to be on the autism spectrum. Most think of autism as a child who cannot communicate, rocks back and forth...these are the severest cases however children who have not learned their emotions, interaction with family and mayhave had trauma in their life ane unable to hurdle over these obstacles in order to learn. THERE IS HOPE all children can learn given the proper opportunity. Wow would I love to take up the cause. I havejust finished a contract with International School working solely with a child who would not even stay in a classroom or read or write or spell. He now stays in his classes, reads at a second grade level, does math (his favorite) at a second grade level....all he needed was some training in understanding his emotions and that of others and wow he took off learning after that! What brought me to this country is the Children...at ISS these are children that have the best of all worlds with no money worries. I would love to work with the children of this country that are looking to make a better life for themselves and theDominican Republic KEEP UP THE HARD WORK PRESIDENT DANILLO you are a special gift to this country.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Danillo has some smart advisors. By the time the next election comes around people will remember his contact with the common man and his ability to solve local problems. That equates to votes. Priceless.

LTSteve

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I would like to say President Danilo is working dilligently for the education of all children. I am an American who has spent over 11 years visiting here and now live permanently here in Sosual. My husband and I sold everything, we moved to Sosua and do not live in a gated community! We are amoungst the people and children whom we love so much. I have teaching experience with elementary students with a special focus on children who seem not to learn....I have worked in the US with a program called the PLAY PROJECT which teaches children, starting at the earliest age, who may be "out of sorts" and in the US are found to be on the autism spectrum. Most think of autism as a child who cannot communicate, rocks back and forth...these are the severest cases however children who have not learned their emotions, interaction with family and mayhave had trauma in their life ane unable to hurdle over these obstacles in order to learn. THERE IS HOPE all children can learn given the proper opportunity. Wow would I love to take up the cause. I havejust finished a contract with International School working solely with a child who would not even stay in a classroom or read or write or spell. He now stays in his classes, reads at a second grade level, does math (his favorite) at a second grade level....all he needed was some training in understanding his emotions and that of others and wow he took off learning after that! What brought me to this country is the Children...at ISS these are children that have the best of all worlds with no money worries. I would love to work with the children of this country that are looking to make a better life for themselves and theDominican Republic KEEP UP THE HARD WORK PRESIDENT DANILLO you are a special gift to this country.

i happen to like Danilo, and have very high hopes for his Presidency. that having been said, can you give us some specific examples of the things he has initiated to further the cause of education in the DR?