What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Ladies, Gentlemen of DR1

Well, I'm really conflicted about a situation. It's about a Chica :)

Over the years I can safely say that when it comes to sankettes, I'm a tiguere. I've been schooled by some of the best threads and articles here on DR1.

But as we all know, there's going to be that "one" that you just can't let go of. To begin, I will explain how I found myself in this situation.

This stems from my first sankette, she was a hot barrio rat with green eyes from Mamayes that nearly bamboozled me into marrying her. Luckily for me when I decided to jump in head first, I did a few google searches, and showed unannounced a couple of times. So it was an easy decision to get rid of her.

Since then, I decided that every time I make to the DR, I'll hook up with random chicas, just have fun hangout, burn a few thousand pesos, say adios and hop back on JetBlue to reality. Well the first few times, everything worked out, I was able to cash in a few favors etc... I met Miss X during one of those trips. But left it at that, I would invite her to dinner usually on my last day before I head out, and we kept it at that. But my last few trips, I could never find anyone available, and always end up killing most of the time with her.

This time, she's 37 but really looks 30, never married, no kids, lives with her parents has a little business peddling cosmetics. She graduated from one of the local Universities; did I mention a body to die for? She has some really good qualities, and is really good with her money, has a bank account and credit in her name. She drives and is like they say in the DR "tranquila"; as far as I know.

My plan is to not go out and do something crazy, It's just that whenever I'm with a chica, I always have the "end" in mind, whether it's just for this trip, this day or this hour. With this chica, I've completely ignored the rules and that's without realizing, I've thrown caution to the wind so to speak, and it scares the hell out me!

As a rule, I will not lead on a woman if in my heart I know there can't be anything else, she has spoken to me about wanting to go to N.Y. she has lots of family there including siblings on both sides of her family, but the siblings are not legit; so she hasn't seen them in a very long time. Taking her age into consideration, and the fact that I really like this chica, my friend told me "just get her a fianc?e visa get her over there and see what she's like the first couple of months" and if she stays the same take the plunge, At the very least you can get a couple of good years out of her. I'm considering it.

What do you think, what would you do?
<O:p</O:p

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The first thing I'd do is stop calling her "chica."

Maybe show some respect.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Since then, I decided that every time I make to the DR, I'll hook up with random chicas, just have fun hangout, burn a few thousand pesos, say adios and hop back on JetBlue to reality.

Curious, what is "reality"?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NNC0kIzM1Fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>........................

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
She does sound like a keeper...
However...
If she doesn't have a visa already then most likely something's up. You'd expect any dominican university graduated who owns a car and has her own business would have gone for the visa (and got it) long time ago.
You can disregard her living with her parents, this means nothing, as you probably know. I've seen callgirls who work during the day and go back home to their parents at night. Not saying that's the case, of course.
Only time will tell. Don't do anything crazy like getting a fiancee visa at this point. I know I wouldn't do that unless I've known the girl at least a couple of years and done my homework thoroughly.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
A place where he can't hook out with some random chicas, have a fun hangout and blow a few thousand pesos.

DR is FantasyLand

hahahahaha

No need to go to DR for that except for the fun in the sun if it is not summertime in NY.

Some are not that lucky I guess.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
At the very least you can get a couple of good years out of her. I'm considering it.<O:p</O:p

I guess with a name like Jeepito, the car metaphors just come naturally to you. Are you looking for a car or a woman?

But, anyway, if I were considering a relationship with a Dominican, unless it was with another DR1'er, I wouldn't come here for others to judge for me based on my internet description. You've got to use your own judgement, and have her meet people that know you, and listen to them.

These things sometimes work out, so go for it, or not, but I'd keep it off the forums.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
At the very least you can get a couple of good years out of her. <O:p</O:p

Yea, I know it's out of context, (and I really do hope the best for you); BUT, with thought processes like this, maybe SHE should be the one worrying about intentions, instead of you.

Good luck to BOTH of you. :)

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Curious, what is "reality"?

My reality that is!! a career like some of you, children to raise and child support to pay.

To Cobraboy, I'm not trying to direspect her in any way, just did not want to put a name out there. Also thought chica was an acceptable word to call a woman :(

Pablo29

Mar 23, 2013
Ladies, Gentlemen of DR1

Well, I'm really conflicted about a situation. It's about a Chica :)

What do you think, what would you do?
<o:p</o

I am a single guy in New-york too.... Personally, I would be very cautious with her talking about wanting to go to N.Y.
I want to be the one making that offer, if I feel like it. As a matter of fact...I want the dominicana to think that I am moving to DR...just to see if she is in it for me , or for a visa. But she seems like a good candidate. Try to spend more time with her in the Dr. Time can reveal a lot of stuff. Good luck.

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Yea, I know it's out of context, (and I really do hope the best for you); BUT, with thought processes like this, maybe SHE should be the one worrying about intentions, instead of you.

Good luck to BOTH of you. :)

It saddens me that I have to agree with you on that statement, my PR ex-wife took me for a ride, two lawyers and thousands of dollars later; I've lost faith in our current system. It could be that my bitterness from that experience is showing, although I have taken steps to deal with it.

The main reason why I don't start anything I can't finish.

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
I guess with a name like Jeepito, the car metaphors just come naturally to you. Are you looking for a car or a woman?

But, anyway, if I were considering a relationship with a Dominican, unless it was with another DR1'er, I wouldn't come here for others to judge for me based on my internet description. You've got to use your own judgement, and have her meet people that know you, and listen to them.

These things sometimes work out, so go for it, or not, but I'd keep it off the forums.

In the end the decision will be mine and mine only. One of the main reasons I did this is that I know that there are some elder statesmen on DR1 and guys that have been there done that. I admit that my thread was hurried a bit and I could have given a better description of my situation. Yes, I'll probably end up meeting some Dr1ers at some point in the future, I'm sure I might have already ran into a few of them at "Hermanos Villar" I value their OPINIONS but will what they have to say about me as a person just from reading a few threads be judging me? Naah, It would be an indictment on their ability to or lack of ability to judge; I'm much more complexed than that.

(frankly a lot of stuff on here is very entertaining :) )

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I'm afraid if you take her to NYC she will deep six you like Tony Soprano throwing a body overboard. It is hard to keep them down on the farm once they have seen Pari. Proceed with caution and be very carefull about a full overboard committment.
Take it slow.

LTSteve

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
This is one my main concerns, I LIVE IN FLORIDA NOT NEW YORK. Some people have said that to a Dominicana there's no other city in America other than "Nueva Yolk". Just about every single Domincan woman I've met here, used to live in New York or want to move there. I have no desire, want, need, to move back up north; none whatsoever. So I'm afraid if she comes that's going to be the an impediment.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
(frankly a lot of stuff on here is very entertaining :) )

Exactly why we read it.

No Dominicans in Florida?

If you've "been there done that" with a US citizen, wouldn't expect that a non-visa holder is the direction to go.

Much riskier.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
This is one my main concerns, I LIVE IN FLORIDA NOT NEW YORK. Some people have said that to a Dominicana there's no other city in America other than "Nueva Yolk". Just about every single Domincan woman I've met here, used to live in New York or want to move there. I have no desire, want, need, to move back up north; none whatsoever. So I'm afraid if she comes that's going to be the an impediment.
Then now is the time to let her know that under no circumstances will you be living in New York
and see what she says.From what I understood, you seem to think that her age may be a concern.Why?

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
It's simple!!!

Are you in love or lust? If in love,don't forget the pre-nup.Now on the other hand,lust.Make sure she has an income of 2500 USD,drives from (at least) 2008 Camry or Honda cr-v.Has two different bank accounts.Ask her how many times has she been to the teatro nacional and the book fair.If she goes to Jumbo luperon cafe to lounge and read books.

It saddens me that I have to agree with you on that statement, my PR ex-wife took me for a ride, two lawyers and thousands of dollars later; I've lost faith in our current system. It could be that my bitterness from that experience is showing, although I have taken steps to deal with it.

The main reason why I don't start anything I can't finish.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
My reality that is!! a career like some of you, children to raise and child support to pay.

To Cobraboy, I'm not trying to direspect her in any way, just did not want to put a name out there. Also thought chica was an acceptable word to call a woman :(
Don't worry about putting her name out there, we already know her.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
nyc dad is correct. A pre-nup is a must with any woman now-a-days. Unless you are prepared to hand over half of your assets and net worth , more if children are involved, and a pre-nup is still not going to give you relief from exorbitant child support in some states. Be cautious mucho peligroso

Status
Not open for further replies.