Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default honesty with immigration

OK kidz... here's one for ya'. Thanks to the recent thread on "what do you miss", I've been daydreaming about my eventual "snowbird" status. When I FINALLY get to the point where I can spend extended time in the D.R. (few months maybe), how do I fill out my immigration form when arriving??? Do I lie and say 30 days??? (and make up a return flight)? OR do I just say 90 days or whatever? No, I don't think legal residency is in my near future, and yes, I know you just pay your "over stay" tax/fee. But you have to GET IN to be able to stay... right? I don't want an over zealous Immigration officer kicking my ass back to the jet for immediate return home.

How do the current "snow birds" do it???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I m not to sure what u mean, but I come for 6 months spells and just fill in the form truthfully, pay the fine as I leave ( 800pesos if I remember rightly). I cant imaging anyone actually reads or keeps for that matter the immigration forms. But I ll be sur to read the post to inform myself, Im leaving next week to apply for visa in order to get resendency, will let u know how that goes ( if they dont detain me at the airport).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I lie

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No one reads it anyway.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    No one reads it anyway.
    That's what we figure. But just in case, Mr. AE always fills changes the address just a bit, reverses some numbers, so that no one knows where we actually are. Why? He's heard enough stories about people leaving the airport and reaching their homes, or family's homes, and are met with gun wielding thieves. He says he thinks the guy who collects those forms might choose some travelers and make a call to give an address.

Admin
    DR1.com

6. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I give my office address instead of my home address! Much safer that way.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

good ideas!!!! I think I'll just use the name of the condo complex... not my unit number from now on.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My address does not exist and not even in the city I live in. Has been good for well over a decade, no need to change it now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnGlenn View Post
    good ideas!!!! I think I'll just use the name of the condo complex... not my unit number from now on.
    and what is your condo address so as I might use it in the future

11. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

For the LONGEST time, we just put down the Hotel Hispaniola for an address

Then they closed. We could just choose a different hotel name, haha

Admin
    DR1.com

13. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast