Changing Claro Multi Plan.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
We had old multi plan for about a year now and I just got an email about changing the plan. Ever since my wife made friends I have noticed that the bill has been climbing up slowly. This week's bill she had been calling her friends cell phones for about 355 extra minutes and got $4300 bill. For those that knows the plan please suggest better plan for us.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
We had old multi plan for about a year now and I just got an email about changing the plan. Ever since my wife made friends I have noticed that the bill has been climbing up slowly. This week's bill she had been calling her friends cell phones for about 355 extra minutes and got $4300 bill. For those that knows the plan please suggest better plan for us.

You need a plan that includes "friends". You get to choose numbers that you can call for free. I don't have many so only got a plan for 3,- but you can get up to 5 I believe.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Be aware that those free calls to favorites only are free below 5 minutes conversations. Beyond that they charge the call (indict know if they charge the whole call or only the minutes beyond 5) and they charge them as extra minutes, meaning not as minutes within your plan. So you can have 400 free minutes but by calling to your favorites being charged extra minutes. The sneaky thing is that you normally make favorite those you call most and longest. It's better to add to favorite those you call often but short.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
So what would be best plan for us? Mind you my wife's 350 min. per month calling friends cellphone. If I can get faster service with just paying set amountly fee, I will be much happier.

May 20, 2012
So what would be best plan for us? Mind you my wife's 350 min. per month calling friends cellphone. If I can get faster service with just paying set amountly fee, I will be much happier.
If she has a smart phone and can get on wifi, use an app that doesn't even use cell minutes.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If she has a smart phone and can get on wifi, use an app that doesn't even use cell minutes.

Unfortunately, she is attached to my son, there's no way my wife can handle the phone right now. Her phone will be consistently be thrown, drown or will be in a some other person's hands with in days. With in first year we moved to DR, she lost 3 phones already and broken 2. :( But I guess I have no choice but to give another chance.. Maybe I shouldn't had sent back the tablet back. The box was crushed and I didn't want to take the risk of getting broken tablet. Anyways It would be too big for me to carry daily anyways....

I guess I am almost due for an upgrade from Galaxy II...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
sounds like my woman.....she goes through phones every couple of months....I only get her basic good quality phones. My own simple phone that I use for everything in Canada is already 3 years old and still going strong. I just don't get it.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I am going to stay on the plan I have. I've just compared the bill and the new plan they offer. And since I was getting about average of 2.7MB/s down I think I am already getting 3MB down speed and I am already getting 190 channels. Unless new plans will somehow let my wife call cellphone number for about 400 minutes or so and I can get golf channel, I am staying put. From looking at things they basically want $105 more pasos for the same service I am getting getting now. I am going to monitor the speed of internet when I go home but hows those that have Claro download speed? Are you getting result as they advertised or little below?