Dog training in Santiago....

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Does anyone have any experience with dog trainers in Santiago area? Im looking specifically for not just obedience training but also guard training. If so, please reply with where and prices. Cheers!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know who, but I believe he is retired. I think he might know someone.

Basically, training a dog requires three things:
1) Be consistant
2) Be firm
3) Did I say "be consistant"?

Okay, I checked with the guy I know and this was the result;
1) Praise--which is "Good boy/girl! Atta girl!"and so forth when they do something right
2) Correct them: "No" when they do something wrong. They don't speak but they understand tones and gestures.
3) Be Consistent!!!! Praise the same things and correct the same things. They learn quick.

You do not have to hit the dog, in fact it is a no-no.

As soon as I make contact with this individual, I will see what is available.

HB

Last edited:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I would appreciate to know too, thanks.(out of intrest for next ones, the 2 current ones are way way beyond hope, but I love them dearly).

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, The foundation of dog training is based in three principles. Praise them when they are right, Correct them when they are wrong, and be consistent. For thousands of years we have selected the dog (which actually refers to a male) that demonstrates the most desire to please us. They want to do what you want be it has to be clearly communicated.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, If anyone is sincerely interested in learning how to train dogs I would consider it in return for a donation via Professor HB to the Tardiff orphanage.