Where to buy glasses

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Are there good opticians in puerto plata with a good range if frames and lens options, with professional eye-testing facilities?
Or do I need to go to Santiago? If so, any recommendations?

How long does it take to make the glasses up?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
glasses: yes, you can make them in POP.
frames: you are much better off buying those online, good ones cost fortune in DR.
eye exam: i suggest santiago; i went to my doctor just few weeks ago, in clinica union.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
glasses: yes, you can make them in POP.
frames: you are much better off buying those online, good ones cost fortune in DR.
eye exam: i suggest santiago; i went to my doctor just few weeks ago, in clinica union.

men seldom make passes
at girls who wear glasses

i am sure that that is fictitious in your case

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I bought frames recently at Miami Optical across the street from Tropical in Puerto Plata. I had the lens - glasses broke - had them ready in an hour or so. I have bought frames with prescription lens online and while they are much cheaper (Eyebuydirect.com is who I used) they don't come adjusted. So there is a trade off.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I bought frames recently at Miami Optical across the street from Tropical in Puerto Plata. I had the lens - glasses broke - had them ready in an hour or so. I have bought frames with prescription lens online and while they are much cheaper (Eyebuydirect.com is who I used) they don't come adjusted. So there is a trade off.

that is one darn good optical store. great service, and sweetheart employees. added bonus for the gents; the employees are easy on the eye. is there a theme here?

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Are there good opticians in puerto plata with a good range if frames and lens options, with professional eye-testing facilities?
Or do I need to go to Santiago? If so, any recommendations?

How long does it take to make the glasses up?

I went there 2 weeks ago Instituto Oftalmológico, Santiago...google direction ... wow i was impressed! they are also doing glasses there.