Banking News -- Good News

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Progreso has been fiddling with their website recently..... I'm not up to speed on all the changes/improvements but one has recently been brought to my attention:

Whenever you make a withdrawal from the ATM, you get a notification via e-mail....

Date, time, location and amount...

I find that very handy..... and a welcome security measure.... comforting in fact.
More banks should do it.

I have had a good experience w/ Progreso..... opened the account in December.
My Scotia account is too far away... this is local and asked for less documentation.

I have both DRP and US$ accounts.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Banco Leon has email transaction notification since more than a year now, example, pay for a purchase with a debit card, usually before I walk out the door of the store I receive an email notification of the transaction.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
BHD send you a text message when you use your card. Very useful and very reassuring.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Progreso has been fiddling with their website recently..... I'm not up to speed on all the changes/improvements but one has recently been brought to my attention:

Whenever you make a withdrawal from the ATM, you get a notification via e-mail....

Date, time, location and amount...

I find that very handy..... and a welcome security measure.... comforting in fact.
More banks should do it."

Yeah, very comforting ... Big Brother is Watching .......

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
New ATM technology next generation machines will have a fingerprint or handprint scan. This will eliminate those from accessing your acount.

LTSteve

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
New ATM technology next generation machines will have a fingerprint or handprint scan. This will eliminate those from accessing your acount.

LTSteve

Nice...now instead of taking your pin the thieves will chop off your finger.