listen to pandora outside USA (easy method)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I do not take credit for this as I have found this method in some forum.

I'm going to show you how to listen to Pandora outside of USA for free. For those who don't know what Pandora is, it is a music radio station that is only available in United States.

Step1
Register an iTune account and select country as United States. This step is critical because it allows you to download US-only apps like Pandora, Hulu, Netflix, and etc. Normally, iTune will ask you to select credit card on file but if you click on one of the free app, you can choose "None" as the Option.

Step 2
On your iPhone, go to "Settings", "iTune & App Stores", log out of your current iTune account and log in to your US account

Step 3
Go to App Store, search for Pandora and download it

Step 4
Once you have downloaded it, try to play it. It should play "Not available outside of USA". This is ok because we have one more step. Close your pandora app by doubling clicking the Home button.

Step 5
Here is comes the magic. Instead of using a proxy or VPN, here will simply make a DNS change on your iPhone. Go to Settings, Wi-Fi, click on the blue arrow. Under the field DNS, change it to "206.214.214.28". This DNS is provide by UnoTelly.com . I don't know how it works but when you put in their DNS, you are able to unlock US stuffs.

Step 6
Re-open your Pandora app, voila, your Pandora should be working.

Comments: this approach works with Netflix and Hulu but you need to sign up an account. They do have a free trial. I haven't tried other apps but free feel to contribute to this post.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I have just changed the DNS on my ipod touch and it worked like a charm. My account was already made in USA with USA as home address so I needed to do non of the steps above and simply changed the DNS in my setting and boom, pandora worked.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks, just downloaded hola app in my galaxy note . works great
AZB

hopeful1

Aug 5, 2012
Thank you! I already had Pandora on my Iphone but was so disappointed when it didn't work. The DNS fix is awesome! Now to download netflix! :D
thanks, just downloaded hola app in my galaxy note . works great
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Android phone + hola app (to unlock pandora outside USA) + pandora app+ 3G claro= digital CD quality music in your car
I just stream the music via bluetooth to my car stereo. excellent quality music in DR. i went from Santo domingo to santiago without any interruptions. i think it buffers the music to a point so when the 3g speed is slow at some places, the music keeps playing.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thank you! I already had Pandora on my Iphone but was so disappointed when it didn't work. The DNS fix is awesome! Now to download netflix! :D
The DNS will go to default setting when you turn off and turn on your iphone / ipad. so make sure you re-input the DNS if you want to hear music. I never turn off my ipod just let it sleep when its not in use.
AZB