Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Invertor selection

Which one would be a good choice? I guess I would be running Med size fridge, lights, computer plus home survailence system.

100% Excellent quality.
    Power Express Brand (same factory as Coleman)
    Unit in a Power Express factory beautiful/colorful gift box
    AC power cord (included)
    Wireless Remote Control (Transmitter & Receiver) included

The dual power inverter with charger is the combination of inverter and battery charger. They are ideal for places or homes whereby the power supply from the power plant is constantly disrupted from time to time. It is also good to use as emergency power back up from unforeseen happening such as storms, rolling black out & other power outage. This inverter, once set up, will provide you with undisrupted power supply up to 2200W continuous. So that one can continue with his usual living without much hassle.

The dual power inverter will require connections from 1) The AC power input (110/120V AC), usually from your household incoming power line & 2) DC power input (12V DC), usually from your battery bank.

Once Properly connected, the system will automatically sense both inputs. When AC power is available, the system will provide AC power from supply as is up to 2200W. As soon as the power is disrupted, the inverter will immediately activate the system and covert DC power from the battery bank to AC for load usage. Once power is restored, the inverter will go back to AC supply from power line but at the same time charge back the battery to full capacity for the power that has been used up during power outage

Specifications:
    Continuous output power: 2200 Watt
    Surge Power: 4000 Watt
    Output voltage: Dual 110/120V AC RMS +/-5% >li>Frequency: 60Hz
    Wave form: Modified sine wave
    Efficiency: 85%
    DC input: 12 Volt

$345 USD

Or this one

Specifications Output Power
    Continuous Output Power: 3000 Watt
    Surge Output Power: 6000 Watt
    20 Amps Output Charger

AC Input
    AC Input Voltage: Four 100/120AC(+15%-25%)
    AC Input Frequency: 60Hz+/-3%

Charger Voltage & Current
    12V DC system: 13.8V DC 20A

Battery DC Output
    12V DC system: 12V DC normal(11-15V) operative

Inverter AC Output
    Voltage: 100-120V AC RMS+/-5%
    Frequency: 60Hz+/-3%
    Wave Form: Pure Regulation Modified Sine Wave
    Efficiency: 90%

$450 USD

Thanks for the replies

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the largest size of good quality you can afford. The difference in price between a 2.5 & 3.5 is minimal, and the utility difference is enormous.. Enormous is good.

There are numerous threads on inverters on DR1 with a treasure trove of information. Do some research.

3. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

our inversor runs what you specified plus a bit more. 3.5 kw with 8 batteries. not sure whether that helped.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

12 VDC 3,000 watt Inverter with a 20 amp charger, no way big cables needed to pull that amperage of a 12 VDC battery bank and a measly little 20 amp charger, not gonna charge the bank in time for the next black out............

logical best choice are only Xantrex/Schneider 2 kw, 3.6 kw, 4.0 kw or 6 kw after that go creole, no with what you are contemplating

g'luck

6. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3.6 kw. "TRACE", now Xantrex"?????????????????????????
    15 years and counting!!!!!!!
    CC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys

When talking kw are you talking about max surge kw or continous kw??

Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually we only care about Continuous Duty Wattage, surge wattage is for momentary demands of power, while say starting an angle grinder or drillmotor or even just a fan, or some other rotating device that takes several times running power to just to begin rotating.

If you calculate your wattage required that you want to back up, multiply by a minimum of 1 1/2, that's the size Xantrex/Schneider your going to need and you need not worry about any thing else.

Do not even waste grey matter to be concerned about surge kw.

g'luck

We have a pair of Trace/Xantrex SW5548's going on 10 trouble free years, battery changes every 4 1/2 years, I have a friend who has a 5 kw creole now for 13 years, which amazes me, but he only gets 2 1/2 - 3 years from his batteries, whether lack of proper care or the inverter I can not say, but batteries is expensive even peso exchange 40:1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Likes malko liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donluis99 View Post
    Usually we only care about Continuous Duty Wattage, surge wattage is for momentary demands of power, while say starting an angle grinder or drillmotor or even just a fan, or some other rotating device that takes several times running power to just to begin rotating.

If you calculate your wattage required that you want to back up, multiply by a minimum of 1 1/2, that's the size Xantrex/Schneider your going to need and you need not worry about any thing else.

Do not even waste grey matter to be concerned about surge kw.

g'luck

We have a pair of Trace/Xantrex SW5548's going on 10 trouble free years, battery changes every 4 1/2 years, I have a friend who has a 5 kw creole now for 13 years, which amazes me, but he only gets 2 1/2 - 3 years from his batteries, whether lack of proper care or the inverter I can not say, but batteries is expensive even peso exchange 40:1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same as donluis but only one and it powers all my 120V on our property. Main house and two full guest apartments. Lots of programable options including shutting off the street power when it is dirty and it is full sine wave. We believe that has helped save a lot of electronics from burning up. Mine has run trouble free for over 5 years and I get good life out of my batts. They do not make this model anymore but I saw some in Santiago not to long ago.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I think with the price of a 4Kw invertor plus batteries I am just going to ship a Generac 8Kw generator down. Comes with 50amp transfer switch and can run on LPG or Natural gas. Will burn 1.73 gallons per hour at full load and .83 gallons at 50%. Price is 2200 and Encargopaq gave me a quote of $500 to ship down and this includes all fees taxes dutys and to my door. At todays exchange rate that comes out to about 110K pesos. Maybe Im crazy but vertime I think it will be better because I dont have to replace batteries. Thanks for all of the replys

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Los Lobos View Post
    Thanks guys. I think with the price of a 4Kw invertor plus batteries I am just going to ship a Generac 8Kw generator down. Comes with 50amp transfer switch and can run on LPG or Natural gas. Will burn 1.73 gallons per hour at full load and .83 gallons at 50%. Price is 2200 and Encargopaq gave me a quote of $500 to ship down and this includes all fees taxes dutys and to my door. At todays exchange rate that comes out to about 110K pesos. Maybe Im crazy but vertime I think it will be better because I dont have to replace batteries. Thanks for all of the replys
    I would not go this way. I know of two people that had Generac units running on LPG gas right in my neighbourhood. Neither unit lasted a year. Very problematic for both of them.

I would recommend a diesel generator over other types in the DR.

Most people have determined that the first level of back up is a battery inverter system and then you run a generator when that is exhausted. That is normally the best method rather than just have a generator if you have regular blackouts of more than a short period of time. Fuel costs will add up very quickly if you only have a generator.

14. Likes cobraboy, Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast