Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Voltage regulator

Sorry,meant Voltage regulator

Need info on purchasing voltage regulator for my house in Samana.Anyone using one and where to purchase.
    thanks,
    Bob

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a whole house voltage regulator installed earlier this month, made a tremendous difference.

Hopefully someone out your way will have a contact for you, ours is from Sabana Grande de Palenque in San Cristobal province, too far!!

As a basis for comparison, we got a 4KW [I think that's right] voltage regulator, installed, for 4000 pesos.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    We had a whole house voltage regulator installed earlier this month, made a tremendous difference.

Hopefully someone out your way will have a contact for you, ours is from Sabana Grande de Palenque in San Cristobal province, too far!!

As a basis for comparison, we got a 4KW [I think that's right] voltage regulator, installed, for 4000 pesos.
    4000 pesos? Wow! Don't you mean 40,000?

We have pool pumps, water pumps and an a/c. For a whole house VR, we'd need something rather massive. I doubt 4kw is enough and it'd certainly be more than $RD4000...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for two of them...I have two 3.5Kw inverters so I want to get 2-4Kw voltage regulators to cover the entire house. I'm getting tired of listening to "humming" from the ceiling fans! :-)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Castellamonte View Post
    I'm looking for two of them...I have two 3.5Kw inverters so I want to get 2-4Kw voltage regulators to cover the entire house. I'm getting tired of listening to "humming" from the ceiling fans! :-)
    I could be wrong but, unless your inverters are pure sine wave you will still get a hum, it has nothing to do with having a voltage regulator.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    4000 pesos? Wow! Don't you mean 40,000?

We have pool pumps, water pumps and an a/c. For a whole house VR, we'd need something rather massive. I doubt 4kw is enough and it'd certainly be more than $RD4000...
    Our electrician builds them himself...we only needed 4KW, and that's what we paid him. Installed. All our appliances are running better and stronger, even the well pump is pumping with more pressure.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    I could be wrong but, unless your inverters are pure sine wave you will still get a hum, it has nothing to do with having a voltage regulator.
    You are correct. In order to get rid of the hum when in inverter mode, you would need pure sine wave inverters.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Our electrician builds them himself...we only needed 4KW, and that's what we paid him. Installed. All our appliances are running better and stronger, even the well pump is pumping with more pressure.
    Are you sure it is a "voltage regulator" and not just a "step-up transformer"? The transformer alone could end up frying your appliances if you get voltage spikes.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Are you sure it is a "voltage regulator" and not just a "step-up transformer"? The transformer alone could end up frying your appliances if you get voltage spikes.
    I can only go by what he called it. I'm back in the US so can't post a photo, but I will when we get back.

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I had that conversation with AE and her other half the other day. I still think that's what they got. A voltage regulator is much more complex.
    Yep, you did warn us - let's hope everything goes well. The only appliance plugged in all the time is the fridge - everything else is only plugged in when used [except ceiling fans and ceiling light fixtures]

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a huge favor, do not have anything installed unless you are there to watch the whole procedure. Make sure it is a NEW regulator on the inside, not just the outside so it looks new. Also,,,get a step up and a step down regulator, not all regulators step the current down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast