Protein powder - fitness/health shop

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you know about any stores/shops in SD where you can buy things like protein powders/bars/shakes etc? I know there are some online stores but that's not what I'm interested in. Maybe they sell them at a gym there?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Saludos

//Chennifer

May 12, 2005
Do you have EPS or another mail service? If so, order from the US from places like TigerFitness.com or DPSNutrition.com and have it sent through them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
forget EPS, those things are really big and heavy, yes, it would be cheaper but after you add shipping and courier costs it is not going to make that much of a difference. i do not really know about SD but here in POP la sirena has GNC store so maybe worth checking la sirena in SD. as well as larger malls, they usually have a shop or two with gym stuff...

the only time, i think, when it pays off to buy online is when you want some really fancy stuff, rice protein or other things that are not so popular here. but even here in POP the GNC store has such a huge choice...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Super Mercado National has a huge "Heath Food" area.
I saw HUGE cans of protein powder, and much more, at the Arroyo Hondo store.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In all building of Body Shop there should be protein stores, in Bella vista mall there is a store called ultimate fitness and spa, they have all the proteins, whey, etc.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and biggest prices - at least here in POP. but they usually sell by scoop, which is great because you can try different stuff for taste and texture and then decide what to buy...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It cost a fortune in the DR, like double the US price which is already too much. Have someone bring it down on the plane if possible. I buy 24 gram strength powder at Vitamin Shoppe for $48 for five pounds. In April Vitamin Shoppe sells it full price for the first and half off the second bottle, no tax. Best price for that strength I have found @ $48.

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks to all of you, you've been super helpful! Seems much easier to get what we want in SD than here in Sweden, and the prices here are ridiculous in comparison to the US, so in the beginning at least it will feel like its cheaper :)

Yeah I already understood that buying online wouldn't really be cheaper in the end, and I also prefer to look around than buying online - especially when you can do as dv8 said and buy a few samples to see what you'd prefer.

Lol Criss, I think that would get pretty boring after a while ;)

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Absolutely, that's the plan - my husband already thought it would be easier to find what we want in SD than here, but I didn't think it would be that easy! It seems to be available in so many places, so that's great!

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
gnc

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you know about any stores/shops in SD where you can buy things like protein powders/bars/shakes etc? I know there are some online stores but that's not what I'm interested in. Maybe they sell them at a gym there?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Saludos

//Chennifer

Hey. There is a gnc on churchill or lincoln. Whichever of those two has the kfc.

Antw22

May 15, 2013
In all building of Body Shop there should be proteins shops, in Accogliente swan windows vista retail center there is a store called greatest fitness and spa, they have all the necessary proteins, whey proteins, etc.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
For those of you interested in buying protein, don't just stick with Whey, mix in some Casein. This is what Met-Rx started back in the day...studies found that whey spikes your bloodstream with protein but it all cant be absorbed. The mix with casein blunts that spike and hence your body absorbs more.

The exception to that rule of thumb is evenings, you should have an ALL casein shake before bed so you are still getting protein while you sleep ;)

Here are a couple of sites to buy from in any mix you want (google them)

Protein Factory
Tru Nutrition

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
even codliver oil in la sirena costs a fortune- i would agree with getting someone to bring it in, although its always best to ask prices sometimes you may be suprised like I was with vitamin b12 from an ordinary chemist