What do you miss from DR when you are out of the country

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Been back for 3 days and am missing some things in the DR

I Miss my home, my girls, my boy, my wife, the weather but most of all I miss the crying:cry:, the smiles:), the laughs:laugh:, the hugs and just the knowledge that my baby girl is by my side.

Thank god for facebook and skype

It will be too long until I hold her again:(:(:(

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I miss the warm blue water, my friends, my condo and the condos pool. The food and night life. But I will be home in TWO DAYS!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing...

when i am outta here it seems like DR does not exist. i just enjoy holidays, shopping, staying with my family. then i come back here and europe seems like a dream that is not real...

i focus on where i am at the moment.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
The fruit definitively... the taste of a sun drenched mango at the end of the day.. so ripe you can just peel it by hand, so plentiful that you can just eat the outer layer and trow away the stingy inside...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Agree about the fruits. Last night Mr. AE talked to one of his brothers, who said that he and another brother have a trip planned to go out to our house "mango picking". [We have several different varieties]. We're both jealous!!!

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
1. Bachata and Dembow (reggaeton) I can listen to it here, but no one else likes to hear it... 2. The guards at my condo building, they are an awesome set of guys, Not only do they do their regular jobs, but they are always available to help out with anything, sure for a few pesos, but no one helps me carry my groceries here... :( 3. Warm water, I will not swim in Canada, lakes are too cold, even in July 4. Cheap drinking, great bars that are cheap, bars where they just hand you a bottle and leave you to your own devices. 5. warm rain 6. Dominican people always say what is on their mind. I always know when I look pretty, because they will propose marriage in Spanish while my husband stands besides me. 7. The veggie truck every day at four. 8. Night swimming in the pool 9. friends 10. Dancing :)