Shipping problems

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Just want to warn you that if you are using Vimempaq Transexpress.. you MUST have a commercial invoice
with the package

I made a mistake and did not have my sister enclose one and now the package which is is mix of used stuff from her house and my check order are stuck in Miami

I have to reproduce invoices

aargh

Meems

May 1, 2013
What other companies are reliable for shipping goods (household, etc.) to the DR? I am on the North Coast.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Depends on where you re shipping FROM.
You must use a Dominican "Cargo" company to ship heavy items.
They charge for the item/box/barrel, home appliances, TVs, etc. and not by the weight.
Otherwise you will pay a fortune if using companies that charge by the pound.
"Cargo Freight" companies are located in many East Coast cities, especially if there are a lot of Dominicans living in that city.
Name your city, DR1ers can give you the names of the shippers there, or who will make a pick up there.
Once here in the DR, they take your goods through customs for you, and deliver right to your house.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use vinicio's shipping (in POP) for larger items and EPS for small stuff bought from the internet.

MA, ask you sister to email/fax a made invoice for whatever value the things are. this should suffice.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just want to warn you that if you are using Vimempaq Transexpress.. you MUST have a commercial invoice
with the package

I made a mistake and did not have my sister enclose one and now the package which is is mix of used stuff from her house and my check order are stuck in Miami

I have to reproduce invoices

aargh

This is true for any company.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I did not quite understand that. Since it was shipped to a US address in FL, the UPS store where she shipped from did not know to have her fill out something for customs.

I found invoices for the new stuff and sent the form into Transexpress so i hope that takes care of it.,

I just remember that folks were shipping barrels down here and wondered how they got around the paperwork?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
As was stated above. If you ship anything yourself and it is used items, through UPS or FedEx... you can type up your own invoice with a list of items and approximate worth. This will sufice at customs. You must provide something for customs or they will self destruct.

LTSteve

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
everything requres a commercial invoice. I am surprised the shipper did not tell you. Not much to one, you can print them online.We ship many things like milling machines and lathes. we use Chatelain .They are a haitian company and do fantastic service. there actually are several firms that do a great job. It not like one stands out as very superior to the others. If done correct it is usually a breeze. Barrels are good and they ship with a lot of weight. Remember if the paper work is not done correct or if being picked up by someone here make sure the name is correct with the BOL. they will hold it until corrected and charge a 40.00 up per day fee.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some time ago we shipped a laptop, without an invoice. it arrived in a box a size of a small coffin, i am not even joking. the laptop was inside, in a smaller box, then tons of styrofoam pieces, then battery and charger and then more styrofoam. i am not sure how aduanas missed it but apparently they did. no charge, just shipping weight, yay!