how much cocaine is there in cocaine in DR?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the answer is 11%. the rest is composed of domestic goods used to cut it:
Procurador: "El 89% de coca?na de barrios es falsa" - DiarioLibre.com

francisco dominguez brito says testing coke sold in dominican barrios reveals that 89% of it is lime, chalk and sugar.

yeah... in the pharmacy we used to sell azucar de leche: a white, fine powder resembling coke. traditionally used to mix with coconut water to help with kidney problems it is now bought by a dozen by shaky, skinny dudes with pants half way down their arse. some even require a factura. soon they will provide RNC number so they can write it off their monthly tax...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The coke from the 70's and 80's was "fishscale" the best.

Ask:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HJUt_x0gwug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha, you would, wound't you? because it is so close to the source? but no, it is as impure as can be.

someone here posted that a standard procedure in trafficking now is to pay some of the people involved in drugs. they have to sell to recuperate the money. clearly, they want to make as much as possible on this business...

which makes me think... if cocaine is a drug of choice in poor barrios, how come anyone get high with drug this bad? where do addicts come from? drugs were such a good explanation of the spike in violence but it looks like that might not be the answer...

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
look at the effective coco doses, price of one gram in DR (even impure product) and you will get answer ;-)))

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i actually do not really know the price. i started a thread asking about it a while ago but it was closed and deleted. all i know is that it is cheap because clearly all the poor folks can somehow scrap some cash to buy it.

what is the truth about drug use in DR? i would like to see some statistics: how many take on daily basis, how many have tried, at what age...

none of the dominicans i know takes drugs or ever tried some. i don't even know all that many who smoke cigarettes, or even a hookah. or even, to be honest any who drink in excess...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Pure cocaine will kill you in a second, it has to be cut, the closer to the street the more cut it gets. Rat poison is very common here as it makes the user slightly ill for a while and the illness is mistaken for a high (dumb), which reinforces the theory that very poor areas do not rely on a high, for the most part they do not know what a high is. They rely on it for escapism, even an illness for escapism is easier than dealing with life, very sad.

But cutting coke is essential by about 60-70 percent, we couldn't handle it otherwise, we'd die, coke is very potent horrible stuff until it gets cut down.
But at 5-600 pesos a gram, street level, it's pretty affordable to most, if you consider in the UK for similar quality you'd be looking at ?50-60 ( whatever that is in pesos RD3,250-3,750, something like that).

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
i don't know anyone too...and never saw anyone who looked like under influence/ on hunger... yet everyone talks how many drugs are here etc....
alcohol is very popular, ganja is so-so, cigarettes not so popular. on the other hand, people who use drugs tend to hide to not have any problems...maybe thats why we don't see them ;-)
i actually do not really know the price. i started a thread asking about it a while ago but it was closed and deleted. all i know is that it is cheap because clearly all the poor folks can somehow scrap some cash to buy it.

what is the truth about drug use in DR? i would like to see some statistics: how many take on daily basis, how many have tried, at what age...

none of the dominicans i know takes drugs or ever tried some. i don't even know all that many who smoke cigarettes, or even a hookah. or even, to be honest any who drink in excess...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
People who use coke here know how much trouble it can cost them and so are not openly sniffing away in public like we see in Europe. Snitches make a cut here and so people who use or hold will always be on edge. Where there is a snitch there is a cop waiting for the nod, and payday.
Coke is very dangerous here, unless you are looking for it, or in Boca Chica you should not see it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't know anyone too...and never saw anyone who looked like under influence/ on hunger... yet everyone talks how many drugs are here etc....
alcohol is very popular, ganja is so-so, cigarettes not so popular. on the other hand, people who use drugs tend to hide to not have any problems...maybe thats why we don't see them ;-)

i have seen. i worked and lived in a barrio, there were plenty drug addicts. but people closer to me... they do not use. i was surprised that they do not even seem to have any curiosity to try.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
This might shock a few but there are tons of "functional addicts" and "weekend warriors" out there!!!!!

You will be surprised!!!!

American Gallego

Feb 21, 2013

They say as of 2012 their were about 300,000 young users. What that age group is anyone's guess.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have seen coke back home and in england. but never here... maybe because i never seek. tried it and it's nothing to write home about.

May 5, 2007
the answer is 11%. the rest is composed of domestic goods used to cut it:
Procurador: "El 89% de coca?na de barrios es falsa" - DiarioLibre.com

francisco dominguez brito says testing coke sold in dominican barrios reveals that 89% of it is lime, chalk and sugar.

yeah... in the pharmacy we used to sell azucar de leche: a white, fine powder resembling coke. traditionally used to mix with coconut water to help with kidney problems it is now bought by a dozen by shaky, skinny dudes with pants half way down their arse. some even require a factura. soon they will provide RNC number so they can write it off their monthly tax...

This was from a North east city in USA so may or may not be germane to your question but cocaine distribution is cocaine distribution

Had a seminar with one of the chemist at the state Laboratory where they tested drugs that were seized in arrest prior to going to court

Quantitative testing of Cocaine was usually at the following:

Kilo of greater 70-90%
couple oz to kilo 50-70%
Oz 50-60%
eight ball 30-40%
gram 10-30%

Each time it got "stepped" on the quality was cut dramatically, it was normal for a person to buy an eight ball (1/8 oz or 4 grams) of 40% pure, cut it in half and sell the 4 grams thus allowing himself "free" coke and peddling 20% by the gram or less. Same for higher amounts excepting when you approach the pound/kilo range and physical harm became more of an issue for adulterating the cocaine

Common cutting agents were mannitol (Baby laxative) baking soda and god only knows what other crap

Yellowish tinge was likely from kerosene used to extract cocoa from leaves

Have you started flight lessons yet?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Actually alot of Domincans and people in general snort coke recreationally when partying. Coke in itself snorting it isnt really as bad its that Crack wich gets people and turn people into junkies Crack and heroin. So lots of people use loose coke on weekends an when they are drinking. Like anything else to much of it can cause addiction and harmful things to occur. What amazes me is Domincans abosolute dread and fear of marijuana a substance that is pretty much harmless unless your food !LOl