Jarabacoa internet / electricity

K

kavakid

Is there a 24 hour electricity zone in Jarabacoa during weekdays? Is that zone expensive to rent?
I know there are backup batteries and generators but I'd rather not have to deal with them or pay a lot extra rent.

Is it possible to get landline internet that is fast enough for good skype voice calls? And is the internet consistent? I will be doing business and don't want to get cut off.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Is there a 24 hour electricity zone in Jarabacoa during weekdays? Is that zone expensive to rent?
I know there are backup batteries and generators but I'd rather not have to deal with them or pay a lot extra rent.
By CCCCCC's definition, yes, there is 24/7 electricity....if you sipply 4 hours or so by yourself.

It went off today long enough for thr inverter batteries to get drained, a rarish occurance, but not un heard of.

There is virtually NO area with TRUE 24/7 electricity unless you happen to be in a zone with mega political connections.

Learn to love your inverters.

kavakid said:
Is it possible to get landline internet that is fast enough for good skype voice calls? And is the internet consistent? I will be doing business and don't want to get cut off.
Yes, as long as you have decent power.

We have 8/1 bandwidth here and so far it's been fairly solid. Not perfect, but a vast improvement over a few years ago.

We use NetTalk Duo with few problems, but again, not unheard of.

If you need perfection in power and internet, the DR isn't the place.

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
for skype voice 1 mb claro plan is sufficient. if the electricity goes down you only need one small inverser - for laptop and router for internet.

like said before, there is almost no 24/7 eletricty zone in this country

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
i would like to know the same thing but its 2016 now - did things improve after 3 years, especially internet?