Most movies in Ingles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Most movies are subtitled here,some dubbed,but anybody knows where to watch iron man 3 in English,with spanish subtitles instead? Many thanks,By the way,where in SD I meant.I looked through supercartelera.com.do and cine.com.do,but its seems they are all dubbed.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I find Hollywood movies dubbed in Spanish understandable, dominican movies however no way, but an Iron Man or Superman movie should be in English with optional other language subtitles, after all they are 100% american stories!

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
Most movies are subtitled here,some dubbed,but anybody knows where to watch iron man 3 in English,with spanish subtitles instead? Many thanks,By the way,where in SD I meant.I looked through supercartelera.com.do and cine.com.do,but its seems they are all dubbed.

Actually all showings of Iron Man 3 are in English with Spanish subtitles. The best site is http://caribbeancinemasrd.com/home , there you will see if the movie is Spanish or subtitled.

Thanks.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The usual practice here is:
Children's movies - dubbed into Spanish
Blockbuster movies - screenings in both options sometimes available: original with subtitles OR dubbed into Spanish
The rest - original with subtitles

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It is amazing how so many people here will only watch a movie if it is dubbed. Too lazy to read subtitles?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I watched james bond, dubbed with a lapse of 5 seconds in the sound on canal POP.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It is amazing how so many people here will only watch a movie if it is dubbed. Too lazy to read subtitles?

do you know how enormous is the illiteracy rate here? for many dominicans this is the only way they can watch the movie. even those who can read often read too slow and cannot keep up.
even i often find myself struggle since i read spanish slower than english and i do look at subtitles considering it a great opportunity to learn. funny thing is that often when i look at the spanish text and i do not understand then i do not know what has been said altogether because i was reading and watching but not listening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.