Automatic payments from bank account for power, water, cable TV

PeterHeirman

May 3, 2013
In Europe it is possible to allow the power company, the water company, the cable TV company to withdraw automatically money from your bank account. As such your utility bills are always paid.
It is just a simple form to complete/sign and hand over to your bank.

Are there any banks in Dominican Republic who provide this service too ? Especially for the Sosua area for power, water, cable TV.

It could be named: Pagos de Servicios B?sicos - Pagos automaticos de Servicios

Thanks in advance

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
It exists, don't know the name for it now.

But, I would think twice or more before I would allow any service provider here in the DR allow to withdraw from my account.

Me, I never would give them permission.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
It exists, don't know the name for it now.

But, I would think twice or more before I would allow any service provider here in the DR allow to withdraw from my account.

Me, I never would give them permission.

I prefer to pay every month directly by myself - or friends do it for me when I am on vacation.

Once I got an invoice for electricity, showing around 250 kWh more as we used. As I regularly notice our
consume I could do reklamation - needed two weeks, but worked (I had been in Edenorte - office min.3 times).

carib

Jul 16, 2002
I had friends who had Codetel on auto payment. When they had the phone disconnected Codetel kept billing the bank and the bank kept paying. Every month they told codetel the phone was disconnected and also told the bank not to pay Codetel......... Codetel kept billing and the Dominican bank kept paying..................................................................... They had to finally close the bank account to stop Codetel.

Be careful
carib

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The most of the companies here has that service and banks but The safest way is to have internet banking and you make the payments every month. One time I had that service and my credit card was full and codetel made the charges for the month and i had to paid more money to the bank as a fee for overlimit my credit card.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Banco Leon has it for most everything except CASSD or ADN yet, you can set it up automatic or do it manually, you can even make deposits in other banks.

One world Order marching right down the path!

g'luck

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I prefer to pay every month directly by myself - or friends do it for me when I am on vacation.

Once I got an invoice for electricity, showing around 250 kWh more as we used. As I regularly notice our
consume I could do reklamation - needed two weeks, but worked (I had been in Edenorte - office min.3 times).

I think this is a key point. Bills from the utilities in this country must be checked. The bank isn't going to do this for you.

The have been numerous threads started over the years by members being ripped off big time by one or more of the utility companies.

I have my bank in the US making a monthly payment for me there, but I would never consider doing this in this country.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had friends who had Codetel on auto payment. When they had the phone disconnected Codetel kept billing the bank and the bank kept paying. Every month they told codetel the phone was disconnected and also told the bank not to pay Codetel......... Codetel kept billing and the Dominican bank kept paying..................................................................... They had to finally close the bank account to stop Codetel.

Be careful
carib

The only way to stop bills from coming when you disconnect service from Claro is to NOT PAY. If you pay they will keep charging you forever and never turn off the phone. I have had this more than once. They tell you this is the last bill, etc. Total BS.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I pay by phone, which you can do from anywhere you are.
"Edesure" has an automated system, you just punch in the numbers, and get a confirmation # for your records.
The water company makes you give your info to a real lie person, and they give you aconfirmation #.
I pay my health insurance by phone,live person, as well.
Many years, no problems,........................."YET!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I pay by phone, which you can do from anywhere you are.
"Edesure" has an automated system, you just punch in the numbers, and get a confirmation # for your records.
The water company makes you give your info to a real lie person, and they give you aconfirmation #.
I pay my health insurance by phone,live person, as well.
Many years, no problems,........................."YET!!!"

You punch in the numbers,then what? How do the companies get the money?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The #s, will include your credit card #s.
I believe you have to use a Dominican bank's credit card, I use, "Banreservas.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC