Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Automatic payments from bank account for power, water, cable TV

    In Europe it is possible to allow the power company, the water company, the cable TV company to withdraw automatically money from your bank account. As such your utility bills are always paid.
    It is just a simple form to complete/sign and hand over to your bank.

    Are there any banks in Dominican Republic who provide this service too ? Especially for the Sosua area for power, water, cable TV.

    It could be named: Pagos de Servicios Básicos - Pagos automaticos de Servicios

    Thanks in advance

  2. Likes Crytonb99 liked this post
  3. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It exists, don't know the name for it now.

    But, I would think twice or more before I would allow any service provider here in the DR allow to withdraw from my account.

    Me, I never would give them permission.

  4. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A wise man once said:

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post

    Me, I never would give them permission.

  5. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    It exists, don't know the name for it now.

    But, I would think twice or more before I would allow any service provider here in the DR allow to withdraw from my account.

    Me, I never would give them permission.
    I prefer to pay every month directly by myself - or friends do it for me when I am on vacation.

    Once I got an invoice for electricity, showing around 250 kWh more as we used. As I regularly notice our
    consume I could do reklamation - needed two weeks, but worked (I had been in Edenorte - office min.3 times).

  6. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had friends who had Codetel on auto payment. When they had the phone disconnected Codetel kept billing the bank and the bank kept paying. Every month they told codetel the phone was disconnected and also told the bank not to pay Codetel......... Codetel kept billing and the Dominican bank kept paying..................................................................... They had to finally close the bank account to stop Codetel.

    Be careful
    carib

  7. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The most of the companies here has that service and banks but The safest way is to have internet banking and you make the payments every month. One time I had that service and my credit card was full and codetel made the charges for the month and i had to paid more money to the bank as a fee for overlimit my credit card.

  8. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Banco Leon has it for most everything except CASSD or ADN yet, you can set it up automatic or do it manually, you can even make deposits in other banks.

    One world Order marching right down the path!

    g'luck

  9. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just go to any Vimenca and you can pay most services.

  10. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabra View Post
    I prefer to pay every month directly by myself - or friends do it for me when I am on vacation.

    Once I got an invoice for electricity, showing around 250 kWh more as we used. As I regularly notice our
    consume I could do reklamation - needed two weeks, but worked (I had been in Edenorte - office min.3 times).
    I think this is a key point. Bills from the utilities in this country must be checked. The bank isn't going to do this for you.

    The have been numerous threads started over the years by members being ripped off big time by one or more of the utility companies.

    I have my bank in the US making a monthly payment for me there, but I would never consider doing this in this country.

  11. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carib View Post
    I had friends who had Codetel on auto payment. When they had the phone disconnected Codetel kept billing the bank and the bank kept paying. Every month they told codetel the phone was disconnected and also told the bank not to pay Codetel......... Codetel kept billing and the Dominican bank kept paying..................................................................... They had to finally close the bank account to stop Codetel.

    Be careful
    carib
    The only way to stop bills from coming when you disconnect service from Claro is to NOT PAY. If you pay they will keep charging you forever and never turn off the phone. I have had this more than once. They tell you this is the last bill, etc. Total BS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •