shipping a a/c

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
hey i was wondering has any body shipped a a/c to santo domingo and what was the cost to get it out of costumes. i have two a/c small enough to fit in a shipping box any help would be appreciated

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
I shipped a small 6,000 btu window unit inside a barrel...it just barely fit after I took off the plastic front. $125 Pa. to DR door to door. I just put it at the bottom and filled the rest with home stuff. no problems.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
I shipped a small 6,000 btu window unit inside a barrel...it just barely fit after I took off the plastic front. $125 Pa. to DR door to door. I just put it at the bottom and filled the rest with home stuff. no problems.

sounds about normal

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
that sounds fair but the funny thing about me i find stuff for free doing jobs or being at the right place at the right time. i have two portable a/c and two small new looking a/c and a bunch i just scraped because of no room. the post from karlheinz was you charged for the a/c or was that the price for the container

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
thats not bad and you can fill the hell out the barrel. im going to check out jetblue prices in person tomorrow for shipping and it might be cheaper being that im the shipper and pick up guy. i will post up the prices

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
thats not bad and you can fill the hell out the barrel. im going to check out jetblue prices in person tomorrow for shipping and it might be cheaper being that im the shipper and pick up guy. i will post up the prices

Barrels go by ship, not air. There is no weight limit to them [or boxes shipped that way either]. I doubt any airline could compete with those prices.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i looked on the jetblue website and found out they ship in a box but i didnt really understand there pricing guide it looked like a math book time table chart but i was thinking it would be cheaper being that im the one bringing it to the airport and taking it from the airport of s. domingo and it would be there with me when i land. shipping i would have to wait for it when ever it made it to land

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
the barrels are sent via freight in a container. I think the lowish price was because it's a small family company out of Lancaster, Pa.