Fantastic banking service

harrydm

May 4, 2013
As business is not running I wish, I had on 4-25 to take out some money from my saving account with Scotiabank (dr1 let this name, because I want they can read it);
So I was in JFK and not understandable the girl needed thee signatures and a copy of my ID.
Staying at home and because the bank called me to get an bonus check from PriceSmart I found out I had lost my ID card. So I called the bank if my card maybe over there, they denied it on two different days. (May 3 and 5)
So yesterday May 6 I reported the loss with the local police and tried to get a new ID with JCE. As I did this without my passport they told me I have to come back. Before driving back to my country home I said let me drive to Scotiabank and ask in person, and what surprise my ID card was over there.
SB has my phone numbers has my email address but could not do any advise that they forgot to give me back my ID card. What goooood service.
P.S. Still waiting (now around 45 days) for my bonus check.

harrydm

May 4, 2013
Rattus i did not take it as offense. What i want is wake up some big dominican companies, they think service is not necessary for the clients. If u have a small business in the DR u know what i mean. I could give you hundred examples.
I live out of the city, as i moved everybody told me that i'm now out of the world. They are in some points right.
U get no postal service, no banking statements (if not per Internet and even they charge u for it) u Internet connection is sometimes so slow u can go to make coffee to wait a page.
After we have more less only one beer company the service is like u stay on the moon, Coca cola the same.
All that's make u sometimes angry and frustrated. So it may help to write to get from u soul.
My friend says "that's the problem in the tropics, S-O-M-E-T-I-M-E-S.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
In the DR service is usually an upturned palm as they continue talking to their novio on the phone.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
how about lloyds bank (uk) trying to make a transfer into the national bank of DOMINICA.

They have the correct SWIFT code which clearly shows country code DO (dominican republic) and yet the bone-heads are still trying to transfer into DOMINICA and telling me I have given them the wrong account number.

I remember why UK banks used to frustrate me so much.

One time I went in with my gf at the time to increase her life insurance policy . my reasoning was, as a smoker she was more likely to die before me. Anyway they refused to do it, and I had to go upline to the area manager to get it sorted out.

as I said..bone-heads.