Songs That No Longer Apply

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
[video=youtube;d27gTrPPAyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk[/video]

Done.

I'm completely legal in the DR now, a day well spent in Sto Dgo at Immigration. Freshly minted Cedula and "yellow card" on top of my US drivers license in the wallet.

No more hiding in the shadows, afraid "The Man" will stop, frisk and deport me.

Bought some stuff at Americana, gave the clerk a debit card that says "Request Picture ID" on the signature line. She asked. I gave her my cedula. Connsumated.

Big props to Hillbilly for the referral to his lawyer friend in StoDgo. She did an EXCELLENT job, timely, solid communications, honest, pleasant to work with, reasonable fees and knows her way through the "system." Overall, once the documents were secured, a most painless experience.

Now where's my Cheese?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Congratulations!Hillbilly always gives the best information. Now you are ready for the next step to get your Dominican drivers license.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I'd say now the song applies more than ever: you're now...a legal alien!

Congratulations CB!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Special note to the female gringo who I gently bumped in the mass of people at Immigration and complained about how *rude* of me not saying "I'm sorry" right away: darlin' if you didn't hadn't been on TWO g@d d@nm cell phones at the SAME TIME maybe you'd have noticed that humans "bumping" into each other was the Status Quo: the place was PACKED! And did you ONCE consider I was being "polite" by not saying a word to you since you were OBVIOUSLY distracted x 2???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Right. The one that says "Cedula" on it. There's also a Red, White and Blue Residency card.
My residency card is bright yellow. Maybe it's for provisional residency. Maybe they're scared of me. Dunno...;)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
So I'm guessing what you have is your non-resident cedula, and your temporary residence card.

If that's the case, I never realized the temp. residency card is yellow. :lick:
Looks like it.

But I'm 100% legal now!