Any Spades players in the house?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I miss playing team Spades, a card game that can be very addicting due to the high amount of strategy, intelligence, instinct, and short term memory required to play it. Also team chemistry will play a big part, once you play more.

If anybody is interested in starting a weekly game, somewhere between Cofresi and Cabarete, let me know. I think we could get something going maybe in Sosua in a neutral bar like Rocky's or Jolly Rogers, or at Cofresi at Ahora's or at Ocean World Terrace.

I am open for suggestions, I will even play its dumbed down cousin, Hearts, if I have to.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Hey Conch. I wish I could join you but I'm not in the country yet and when I finally establish myself it will be in the east. I love Spades. I love Bridge even more though (Spades is actually a dumbed-down version of Bridge). Although I know there's nothing like looking around the table at live bodies, the Internet offers alternatives (Google Spades Online). Good luck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would travel for bridge. I haven't played Spades since college (1957)....and it is addicting...But bridge is a lifelong passion--but I am not very good at it...If I can get the wife up and out, she is freakin' card shark!!

HB

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I would travel for bridge. I haven't played Spades since college (1957)....and it is addicting...But bridge is a lifelong passion--but I am not very good at it...If I can get the wife up and out, she is freakin' card shark!!

HB

I'm not "in the house" yet, but the eventaulity is a foregone conclusion. I'll remember this post when I'm established. My brother plays too. He's coming to DR w/my family and me. Sounds like we have a foursome. I'm looking forward to the value added to my ex-patriation. There's nothing quite like defending against and stopping a vulnerable 3 no-trump.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
we play hearts her at my little pub in costambar and i would be open to spades... it has been years since i played but i am sure it would come back quickly....