Stamped Sefl addressed enveloped

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
need some advice here. I lost my drivers license along with my passport etc.. and have to send into the State of RI along with a certified notarized copy of my birth certificate. They require a stamped self addressed envelope to an out of state address in order to send the license and the certificates back.

I have to go to the Embassy to have the forms.. as to why I cannot apply in person.. notarized..

So.. I have a Vimenpaq account.

But where do I get the US stamps?

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Do you have anyone state side you can send it to and have them deal with it for you and then send it back? I use a mail forwarder in the States that would do it for me, but if you have a relative that would work. You could order stamps online, but that is silly because the shipping cost would be more than the stamps themselves. Short of knowing someone here that has some extras I don't know of anything else. I have three myself and don't think I'll ever need to use them. They are the older lower rate ones so you'd need to use two of them. I live in Sosua if that is close to you.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Mail Boxes works with USPS. Quoted me 450 pesos to send up an envelope to Canada the other day (I assume they put the stamps on themselves). Only detail is, you can't track it. But it's a lot less expensive than Fedex or DHL!

Feb 7, 2007
Mail Boxes works with USPS. Quoted me 450 pesos to send up an envelope to Canada the other day (I assume they put the stamps on themselves). Only detail is, you can't track it. But it's a lot less expensive than Fedex or DHL!

450 pesos for an envelope to Canada? Why don't you just use INPOSDOM registered mail, costs less than 100 pesos and can be tracked online.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
need some advice here. I lost my drivers license along with my passport etc.. and have to send into the State of RI along with a certified notarized copy of my birth certificate. They require a stamped self addressed envelope to an out of state address in order to send the license and the certificates back.

I have to go to the Embassy to have the forms.. as to why I cannot apply in person.. notarized..

So.. I have a Vimenpaq account.

But where do I get the US stamps?

Annie, go to Stamps.com - Buy Postage Online, Print USPS Stamps and Shipping Labels - you can print postage right onto an envelope, very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.