Would Someone Please Post The Front Page Of Today's "Diario Libre"?????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thoughts like, "Can That Be TRUE"?
Not a Dominicano!
You Can Take a Dominicano Out Of the "RD", But You Can NEVER, Take the "DR" Out Of The Dominicano!!!!!!!!
They will always steal for what they want, never work for what they want!
"OH!", and I consider "USA Welfare Fraud" as stealing too!
You know, those "Poor but Honest" people we read about from the DR1 "Spin Doctors"!
I wonder if it's the same "Poor But Honest" Dominicans who cleaned out my debit card account from my Boston bank last Sat & Sunday?????
At least one of them has been murdered here in the DR.
I call that, "A GOOD START"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Many Ladrones, So Hard To Buy "Bullets"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
sorry to dissapoint OP, but after 8 months in this country and dealing with various shop sellers, mechanics, hotel owners, restaurant owners, street vendors etc. - I may say....95 % of people here are honest ;-) and I never got robbed/ got anything stolen so far...but yeah it does happen....
I dont' have Dominican gf and dont deal that much with hookers, maybe that would lower honest people rate..who knows

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
309pmpi.jpg

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How God, we knew that the ring leader who was murdered was from Dominican Descent, but it wasn't revealed that the seven others were as well :cry:

Criminal crews from other countries get arrested everyday, but my worry is that ATM and card fraud is going to make people think twice about coming down to DR.

I hate carrying cash around and the type to pay with my debit card. *Knock on wood* When I come down to DR, I have been withdrawing money couple times a week and nothing ever happened, but it is making nervous, I admit. I will change my first world habit and adapt, but some may think they better off going to Yucatan or Costa Rica instead and not have to worry.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
These guys who pulled off this heist are obviously brilliant minds going to waste. Imagine if they put that much effort to good use...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
These guys who pulled off this heist are obviously brilliant minds going to waste. Imagine if they put that much effort to good use...

Looks to me that these Dominican involved were the low level of the plot (just like the drug dealers on the street corner thrown in jail while the real moverw are left untouched).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Afri", read the "Diario Libre" headline!
It says "8 From The DR Involved"!
Since the debit cards cloned were from the Middle East, it was probably a "Chino", or "Arabe" who did the "Brain Work", leaving the "Mulos Dominicanos", for the "Dirty Work"!
They cleaned out another debit card account I had in Boston, last year.
Used an "ATM" on "Wall Street".
They just kept taking out $100 US, until it only had $5. left!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Now Stands for, "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCash Only!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
8 guys from DR rob $45 million from banks in NY and there is a scandal. 4 or 5 american guys rob trillions from the same banks a few block to the south in Wall Street, and nothing happens....

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
8 guys from DR rob $45 million in NY and there is a scandal. 4 or 5 american guys rob trillions a few block to the south in Wall Street, and nothing happens....

Because it took intelligence to do what they did. Think about it, these men came from a third world country and were able to pull this heist. It was well executed even though they got caught.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
8 guys from DR rob $45 million from banks in NY and there is a scandal. 4 or 5 american guys rob trillions from the same banks a few block to the south in Wall Street, and nothing happens....

...and why is Bernie Madoff still alive? :cross-eye

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Because it took intelligence to do what they did. Think about it, these men came from a third world country and were able to pull this heist. It was well executed even though they got caught.

Weren't they Dominican American ?

How hard it is to withdraw from an ATM ? Not like they mastermind, the operation...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Could you pull off what they did?

All modesty aside, I am extremely good with ATM machines, very gifted (I once managed to withdraw money in chinese by pressing the wrong language in a ATM in Chinatown :chinese:), don't understimate me :)

Unfortunately, it is money taken from my own accounts.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
These guys have been practicing in the DR for years until they perfected it.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Weren't they Dominican American ?

How hard it is to withdraw from an ATM ? Not like they mastermind, the operation...

they were American Dominican.. born in the USA,, but they are saying that the mastermind was about 28 or so which I find very hard to believe.. since the whole thing went through a bank in India and all. Think he was just the fall guy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My understanding is that these boys were the 'tools' - they stood at the ATM waiting for instructions to hit the buttons.

The original article said that the masterminds were watching via WWW to make sure they got their fair share of the take.

Sounds like the $$$ got shared down/up the line... from the tool to the big cheeses....

These guys would get a small amount of the pie...... big to them , but small piece of the big action.

Maybe our RD boy got greedy and was killed for his cheating..... I don't believe the family robbery set-up scenario