Free Dog to Good Home?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Is there a rhyme or reason why some people can offer free dogs and not others? Did I do something wrong? Is it not ok?

I was offering a street dog that REALLY needs a chance at life, I am willing to bathe, get it dewormed, and vaccinated if I can find a home for him. I can't have him where I am, or I'd keep him myself. I can't seem to find the post I wrote. Was it moved? Deleted? What did I do wrong?

Here is the baby.. IF someone is interested PM me. I'm going to be driving from San Francisco de Macoris (that's where I live) to Barahona on Monday.. If you are in Santiago, the Capital, wherever, let me know.. I really want this baby to have a chance at life.. My kids have named him chance.

DSCN1167_zps7445f989.jpg

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Thank you so much Celt202!!! i was so confused... I'm glad those kind of posts are allowed.. I have great news.. "Chance" was given a chance and placed. We took him to get bathed, injected, de-wormed, and as we were walking out of the vets with his new color and leash, we were stopped for people to admire our "crazy street dog" Why would we put a collar and leash on him, etc.. We said we were different cause we were not from here so we love our dogs, etc.. as we were talking someone came by admiring the dog and asked if there were any siblings cause they were looking for a street dog like that because (this is what they said not us) street dogs are hearty, live forever, and don't require much medical attention. They said they were just a lot easier to care for.. etc.. I said well I'm looking for someone that will love him.. and take care of him.. I said he needs shots in a few weeks, etc.. The people said they would GLADLY take good care of him, etc.. I wasn't sure about it, and said.. well we are different we want someone who really is going to love him.. they said let us show you our other dog.. They came running out with their chihuahua leash and collar.. So they got themselves a nice new 2nd dog with a pretty collar and leash too!! lol..

Thanks for everyone's help! Thank you Celt for offering to take him.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I had to laugh when I tuned in to "As Time Goes By" this evening on PBS. One of my favorite British sitcoms.
The show was centered around a big black and white dog following Lionel home. I'm not an expert or anything but I think it was a Portuguese Waterdog. I only know of this breed because of Bo in the Whitehouse.
Anyway, it pulled at the heartstrings...
Well done Jenny.
Keep up the good work guys.