Brugal XV

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Anybody try it?

I'm at the last of a bottle of Barbancourt 5-star 15y.o. and would like an equal product of very occasional sipping.

What's the verdict?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Haven't tried it but they tell me its the best Brugal on the market.....
owner of the Samana Marina hotel told me that when I queried it at his bar

Give it a try and let us know

I was late for my flight last week so didn't have time to duty free a bottle

Can you remember that Zacapa (or whatever I gave you after dinner) ... bottle with weaving wrapped around it?
Thats the super duper rum

https://www.google.ca/search?q=rum+...%3A%2F%2Ft-squat.com%2Flady-zacapa%2F;612;459

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Brugal Blanco", mixes well with almost anything!
It's a real "Baja Panti" as well!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Half a bottle, and I take mine off and jump in bed!

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Been drinking it. Excellent rum and great value, only a little more than Extra Viejo.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I've seen it..... good rum

Need to differentiate between 'swilling' and 'sipping' rums..... that 'white lightning' is swilling stuff

Dec 26, 2011
Had some at my brother's place in Michigan, Robert. He picked it up in Puerto Plata. Very nice. But in my opinion, Pyrat XO from Guyana is the best I've ever had. They have a cask version(never tried it) that blends 20 to 40 y.o. rums for about 300$US.

After Pyrat, I'd put Havana Club A?ejo 15 A?os followed by Guayabita del Pinar Seco.

My Dominican rum of choice is Barcel? Gran A?ejo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we gave away few bottles to whiskey drinking friends and they have been bothering us ever since to get them more. apparently it is great to drink straight or with ice. of course i am a simpleton and i pour coca cola over it. i also drank 1888 in cuba libre, regardless of the price tag. so sue me. :)

papa andres, on the other hand... miesposo drank it on few occasions as prior to commercial release it was only available locally, in small batches, for special events. he says it is something special.

i am not so good with ron. i went to rum tasting event in brugal with one of their master ronero. cute lady. i had an opportunity to taste different rums and spirit used for making rum at different stages of production. it was great fun but you need a really good nose and tasting buds to feel the difference. i felt some different "notes" in different drinks but maybe it was my imagination...

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

Hmmmm.........
I read about how Jose Antonio Barcelo kept a bottle of Barcelo Anejo on his desk to remind him of family history.
One of my biggest disappointments in the D.R. was when I could no longer find those great little bottles on the shelf anywhere.......
I will never forget how I asked and asked and asked what was going on and nobody could ever tell me...(typical)
I still have half a bottle of the stuff in my pantry.
I know that a "real connoisseur" would probably turn their nose up at the stuff but it was always my favorite. I never could warm up to the expensive stuff...
I guess it's true what they say.......There is no accounting for "taste".

Take one short glass,
Add ice,
gently spritz a little fresh limon over cubes of ice.
Wait a second and add a generous portion of Barcelo Anejo.
Sit back,
Sigh,
Enjoy.