Mothers' Day 2013......dr1'ers give tributes.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Any chance of honoring Mothers' day and giving the T&A a rest for at least a day.....( or at least a couple of hours)?

[video=youtube;qKlOKMFB9WE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qKlOKMFB9WE[/video]

Moms are the best.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
My mom died early (at 57).
When I think of the stuggles she had and the sacrifices she made to keep a family together, well, I just feel so unworthy.
I learned so much from my mom and today I say thanks.
I have no clue if the spirits of the dead hear our thoughts or see our actions.
Most of the time I wish and hope they don't.
Today I hope they do. ;)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Happy mothers day! Two weeks early :)

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Happy mothers day! Two weeks early :)

:ermm:..........oops.
This is one of those "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situations I guess.
Mother always said........"the early bird gets the worm". :classic:
Anyways,
We all know that it is Mothers' Day somewhere in the world today, don't we?

Last edited:

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Your efforts are appreciated. Today is Mother's Day in the USA & Canada so the North American moms thank you.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8g32jv722A?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
My mother is an amazing person. I don't know how many of my possessions she gave away to former girlfriends, just because they needed it and I obviously didn't or I wouldn't have left it there. LOL.
She has a heart of gold and many of my friends adopted her as a surrogate mother. Even now at eighty she has the ability to understand the teenage mind.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
:ermm:..........oops.
This is one of those "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situations I guess.
Mother always said........"the early bird gets the worm". :classic:
Anyways,
We all know that it is Mothers' Day somewhere in the world today, don't we?

Mom used to say that "every day is Mother's Day." No truer words are spoken. Fortunately, we have one day every year to remind us. Best wishes to all.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot keep up with all those dates... in poland it's on the 26th of may and i stick to it :) which does not stop me from appreciating and loving my mom for the remaining 364 days just as well. :laugh:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The reason it's at the end of the month here is to make sure everyone has his salary to spend on presents. If needed many employers will pay a few days early to make sure you are going to spend those pesos.