Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee lovers

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee lovers

If you like starbucks coffee,Bravo supermercado on Churchill in SD
    Has about all their blends in ground 1lb packages.600 pesos a bag.

Bob

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

600 pesos????????

:shocked:

I've got better local coffee for almost 1/3 of that!

3. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought the same. Good local coffee for much less. But thanks Bob. I would double check and make sure it is not counterfeit.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I could import it myself 3 pounds at a time for about that price and not have to go out shopping for it. Not that I ever would since I like tea better. And I cannot see a reason for liking Starbucks over DR coffee, but for those of you who do like it that is good news even at 600 pesos a bag. Are you sure those are not 12 oz bags?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They may be 12 oz as they are larger than SD coffee bag.I have single serve Keurig machines and have imported the kcups of Starbucks as well as dunkin donuts as I like them ,I like SD coffee too,but not strong enough
    Bob

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If they discover coal in the DR let's pool resources to extract it and export it to Newcastle.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celt202 View Post
    If they discover coal in the DR let's pool resources to extract it and export it to Newcastle.
    Speaking of Newcastle, I'd love to find some of their ale here...

9. Likes granca liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

forget santo domingo coffee. we drink monte alto or monte real here and those are much better. i only put my paw on CB's family coffee once so i do do list it here...

it would be quite interesting to try other coffees, i have not had non-dominican coffee for years. so against all reason i am going to bring few packets from the UK: maybe some african blends. a quick search on tesco page reveals that a pack of decent coffee costs 2.99 per half a pound pack (the same price is listed for few starbucks blends). 6 british pounds per pound is still what, below 380 pesos?

11. Likes Rosss liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We switched to Monte Alto this trip, excellent coffee. We brought back about 25 pounds of beans both regular and organico.

I did also try the Cafe Santo Domingo "Espresso Roast", which we also liked a lot, but it's harder to find than regular Cafe Santo Domingo [and we only use that in DR because we've never found it in beans/grano].

Admin
    DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

The owners of the Santo Domingo brand are known for buying the lowest quality beans from smallholders after the good part of the harvest is sold for export. They also recently brought in Vietnamese product to boost quality. Talk about selling refrigerators to newcastle! I mean coal to eskimos...wait ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast