Sex education

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks MA for bringing that up.
here are few additional links, comments are worth reading too, to see what dominicans think about it:
Z 101
alvarito alvarez also gives his support to profamilia:
Z 101

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Clearly the girl in the add is supposed to be a minor and under the authority of her parent holding up the preservative. The campaign of profamilia is wrong on many accounts, but the main issue is that it is directed over the head of the responsible parents to a child living under authority of those parents. Who gives profamilia the right to talk to my children about this subject and indoctrinate them with what they think is right. If there's one that should be 'indoctrinating' my children I guess it should be me and not the government or some UN related organization. Or do we trust the raising of our children to our government? I don't.

This Pastor says it better than I can, but I 100% agree with him:

[video=youtube_share;I7M7kwfYNmQ]http://youtu.be/I7M7kwfYNmQ[/video]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
most parets do not talk to their kids about sex, let alone contraception. this is what this campaign is all about: not about f**king like a rabbit but about knowing what sex is an making an informed choice.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
They f**ck like rabbits anyway, so let's teach them first how to flush the toilet, how to calculate 2+2 without a calculator, how to keep streets clean and other basic things. Sexual education can wait a little bit.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
They should complement the campaign with one of those raw videos of women in pain giving birth, which they could show in schools. Unfortunately, when kids see a poster stating that their sexual rights are human rights, all they get from it is that they have a license to hump!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Let's get real. This is not supposed to replace parents guidance but there are a lot of young ladies out there you do not receive the correct info. Young women are having sexual relations and any competent info given is better than none at all. The Church certainly does not represent the reality of too many underage pregnancies, and children raising children.

LTSteve

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
In countries where girls AND boys receive sex ed and where contraceptives are easily available, there are far less abortions and less underage pregnancies. Educating our teens about sex, contraceptives, pregnancies, STD's and that no one else has a right to their body or what they do with it except themselves is the best way to to keep them safe and get them to either wait with sex or to protect themselves when they do have it. Personally people might not agree with teaching them about it, or that they should be able to buy condoms etc, but studies do show that in countries where it isn't available and where abortions are illegal, more women are getting pregnant at an early age and/or having abortions - that often threaten their lives due to complications (studies have also shown that even though people think that it's mostly teens who have abortions, more often it's married - adult - women who already have a few kids).

And what could possibly be bad about teaching people that no one has the right to sexually abuse them?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The good thing about Profamilia being associated with outside groups is that it makes it clear to Dominicans what their ulterior motive is; destroy what family values are left in the Republic by promoting supposed progressive Western values like free sex for all with killing a child as the solution and eventually "alternate" lifestyles.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
In countries where girls AND boys receive sex ed and where contraceptives are easily available, there are far less abortions and less underage pregnancies.

This is not true. Abortion has increased in all countries where it has been legalized. Please don't tell me that because abortion decreased one year that there are overall net less abortions.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
if they are having sex at 14, they ought to be taught about contreception at 13, no? But what are they taught at school? Is there any sort of sex education in the public schools? I know that I did not have any sort of sex education. Really. But things have changed tremendously since those prehistoric t\imes.

Now that there is absolutely no abortion allowed here under any circumstances, it would seem all that more important to educate on the use of condoms.

But the Catholic Church is against this as well, are they not?

I have a hard time wrapping my brain around this one.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
no Chip. the ulitimate goal is the prevent unwanted pregnancies

if there were no unwanted pregnancies .. there would never be a need for an abortion

by preventing education on birth control, by making the use of birth control illegal.. or against the teachings of the church (which is it, isn't is?) . the Church is just making MORE unwanted pregnancies, isn't it?

I am trying to understand the logic.

If they do not want abortions, then they should do everything possible to prevent conception. That seems only logical to me.

I have never, for example, seen a campaign that promotes vascectomies for men who have already had two children.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
no Chip. the ulitimate goal is the prevent unwanted pregnancies

if there were no unwanted pregnancies .. there would never be a need for an abortion

by preventing education on birth control, by making the use of birth control illegal.. or against the teachings of the church (which is it, isn't is?) . the Church is just making MORE unwanted pregnancies, isn't it?

I am trying to understand the logic.

If they do not want abortions, then they should do everything possible to prevent conception. That seems only logical to me.

I have never, for example, seen a campaign that promotes vascectomies for men who have already had two children.

Wrong, and as usual you have absolutely zero references nor much less statistics to back your claim up.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
chip, you are forgetting the rights profamilia is fighting for are, just as well, rights to say no. as i said: make an informed decision. it is not only about know what it means to have sex, know that you can rakata as you can if you want to and know the consequences. it is also about the fact that you have the right to say no to an abusive relative, that you can report them and bring them to justice. a right to say no to a boyfriend or a barrio rat who grabs your ass.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
chip, you are forgetting the rights profamilia is fighting for are, just as well, rights to say no. as i said: make an informed decision. it is not only about know what it means to have sex, know that you can rakata as you can if you want to and know the consequences. it is also about the fact that you have the right to say no to an abusive relative, that you can report them and bring them to justice. a right to say no to a boyfriend or a barrio rat who grabs your ass.

The history is well established where this is going, whether you guys acknowledge it or not.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Anyone who has tendancies toward high blood pressure would be well advised to stay clear of this discussion.
Attempting to debate this issue with the religious zealots is a little like trying to firmly grasp the white of the egg in your fist.
Not an easy task.
Common sense, logic and good will simply fly out the window........
If there ever was a time for "Their mind is made up, please do not confuse them with the facts...", this is it.
Your effort is valiant mountainannie.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.