MMA gym and personal trainer in S.D.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Moving to la capital this summer and just wanted to check out if there is anyone living in S.D. that can recommend a good MMA gym. I am also interested in personal training, and will happily receive suggestions. If I could get some ballpark prices as well that would be awesome.

Mil gracias ...

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Co?o! Much?simas gracias for the link, Lucille. Going there to check it out the first week after I touch ground on Las Americas. Thanks a lot, really. Looks like a real nice place and just the thing I need to get back in fighting shape ...

Makinater

May 4, 2013
As for personal trainers, I guess there's a 101 of them at every decent gym. I'm not looking for any special, just looking to get an overview of the price range I can expect. So anyone that's got a PT, please let me know what you pay per training session.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Makinater:

Here you go:
Inscripcion- $RD3,000.00 pesos=us$73.00 DOLLARS AT 41% RATE EXCHANGE
Monthly payments= rd$1,500.00 PESOS= us$36.59
PRIVATE CLASSES WITH THE FAMOUS OMAR DE LA CRUZ rd$600.00 EACH CLASS=us$14.64
Classes come in a package of 12 classes.
But, you know when you get there I am sure you can bargain on the package....
good luck ....
and enjoy...
Lucille

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Moving to la capital this summer and just wanted to check out if there is anyone living in S.D. that can recommend a good MMA gym. I am also interested in personal training, and will happily receive suggestions. If I could get some ballpark prices as well that would be awesome.

Mil gracias ...

I know a Swiss guy who trains at the place recommended below he also owns a company that has starting promoting live MMA events here as of last year. They have started a Dominican Top Team of local fighters. Some decent talent here i.e. Omar who runs that gym. So far they have done a couple small club shows but they do an excellent job. I used to run an MMA live event promotional company back in Canada before it was outlawed in B.C. Canada.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Thanx a lot Lucille and Expat 13! Seems very much affordable, which I expected. Not quite that cheap though. My wife will be crazy happy, I reckon.

And the information about the Dominican Top Team will perhaps come in handy as well. It's been years since I trained regularly, but I am longing to get back in shape and from former experience I know there's no better way to do that then to train with the best. We'll just have to see if I'm still good enough to be part of the training group ... :squareeye